Discuss plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
really dont think it has anything to do with anyone except gassafe install and whoever he agrees to work with him,if there happy to work for what he,s offreing then thats up to him if you have no job i think most people would work for £250 a week av had lads asking me to work for £30 a day to give them experience but due to the way work is at them moment i carnt do it but if thats what they will work for thats up to them and if you have the work to pay them more you will anyone who,s learning will be happy to work for £50 a day

Ivor bates wise up SGI is offering someone £50 per day as a trial period personally I think this is a very fair offer there is plenty of lads offering to work for nothing
If you want to take someone on with the rates your saying fair play to you again another great offer experience is the key to any good plumber IMHO you learn on site not in a classroom
So for anyone on this forum if your offering someone work you should be thanked not knocked for it

im working for a firm the now self employed and i'm getting £100 a day, thats me using my own van and finishing about half 5 6 most days, trying to get another job as the money is complete crap and i'm travelling to another city so at least £100 a week in diesel

going by the new overtime hours of 40 per week, I was recently working on site through an agency and was working 48 hours at standard rate, should i have been getting payed overtime for those 8 hours ??

oh well ,what can I say this world is full of people full of negativity !
by the way I did not see your post that you look for plumbers mate here ....or I you would not bother as the people here do not deserve a chance ....by the way Dave who was working with me last week had a wage of £120 a day as he was good worker and if he need a job again will have him and will train him as he still have lots to learn him self !

going by the new overtime hours of 40 per week, I was recently working on site through an agency and was working 48 hours at standard rate, should i have been getting payed overtime for those 8 hours ??

If the agency is charging the contractor an overtime rate, then yes.

Minimum wage for a plumber 14.55 p/h
Maximum wage 15.89 p/h
maximum wage per week £596 p/w

Unless you work over time.

Really, wonder how many people complain when they earn £3000 per week

Sorry but this is a load of rubbish, don't know what this applies to. but a difference of £1.40 per hour for gas experience and certification. don't think so.

Ooops nearly missed this one, so who's been telling you they earn £3k a week? lol

Ooops nearly missed this one, so who's been telling you they earn £3k a week? lol

was a theoretical question.

Ivor would you give a charity all your wages over the £15.89 per hour that is maximum wage?

I would just like to add that anyone who is genuinely wanting to gain experience and learn the industry would not be foolish enough to turn this offer down. I myself would chew both my arms off just to get as sniff at gaining the opportunity that SGI is offering and work my hard if i did...shame i dont have my own transport at the moment though as i live relatively close...damn!

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe this jobs still up for grabs! My cscs card is in post to me today which will give me more options of where i can apply. I don't know what a decent wage is for the type of work being offered by SGI but i do know it's more than you'd be earning signing on so i don't know what all the fuss is about.

I can't believe that stan keeps asking and hardly any takers what a joke there is people on here every other day saying they want experience and will do anything to get it then a good member asks who wants experience they get knocked for doing it by other members utter nonsense and a total joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back