Discuss plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Northamptonshire but I can travel for the 2 week trail period and depending on the wage thereafter and the amount of work I will move closer to your location. I have a couple of years plumbing/heating/gas experience, NVQ2 plumbing, own Gas Safe Registration, CIS number, CSCS card in the post, tools and transport. I start a NVQ3 soon (2 evenings and week for 2 years) but am looking to move closer to London and this could be an ideal situation.
Any more information would be welcomed.

if dave don't get it and the job is still up for grabs in 12 months i'll be offering my services! (cscs should be here next week too) lol :icon10:

Was it only the one guy your after?
I'm gonna be in London tomorrow and was hoping to pop by about 4:30 if your about on Streatham then?

Would just like to say anybody who turns their nose up at this opportunity is bonkers!!! And to say 50 quid a day isnt enough is rubbish! I started as a ventilation fitters mate on 35quid a day and had to pay my own train fare every day! And i was STILL grateful.

jase 158 where do you live ,if you get your self to my home I will drive you to work and back ,this is what I do at the moment with my other plumbers mate ! do you have a cscs card ?

Hi SGI, I am in buckinghamshire, I dont have cscs, but just waiting for NVQ certificates to come so that I can apply.

Where abouts do you live, when would I be able to start.

Would just like to say anybody who turns their nose up at this opportunity is bonkers!!! And to say 50 quid a day isnt enough is rubbish! I started as a ventilation fitters mate on 35quid a day and had to pay my own train fare every day! And i was STILL grateful.

half the lies you tell aint true Lee :) LOL

[DLMURL="http://www.unitetheunion.org/pdf/IssuedPayRates20112012Prom163A3.pdf"]JIB plumbing rates for 2011/12 [/DLMURL]if as the post requires, your self employed, and you need to provide your own tools, plus your own van, not forgetting if you are self employed you also need your own public liability insurance. Then the pay rate needs to be higher and reflective of what is required. Anything less is cheap labour. I don't really give a toss whether you like my post, these are the facts. I'll give you credit for paying peanuts as there are many businesses only to willing to offer "trial periods" with no pay, only to terminate the employment when the work quiets down considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:
so therefore do you think gordan ramsey gets the same money as a chef in a small resturant "NO" so therefore dont no how you can compere jib rates to a small firm completely different gassafe install has said he will pay trial rates then proper rate if trainiee any good

[DLMURL="http://www.unitetheunion.org/pdf/IssuedPayRates20112012Prom163A3.pdf"]JIB plumbing rates for 2011/12 [/DLMURL]if as the post requires, your self employed, and you need to provide your own tools, plus your own van, not forgetting if you are self employed you also need your own public liability insurance. Then the pay rate needs to be higher and reflective of what is required. Anything less is cheap labour. I don't really give a toss whether you like my post, these are the facts. I'll give you credit for paying peanuts as there are many businesses only to willing to offer "trial periods" with no pay, only to terminate the employment when the work quiets down considerably.

If thats the case will you give any surplus wages you earn to charity as these people have determined exactly what you should earn?

Anything over what they say should not be allowed either.

And theoretically he has stuck by these guidelines

8 x 6.24 per hour = 49.92 per day, he was offering £50 per day

Last edited by a moderator:
so therefore do you think gordan ramsey gets the same money as a chef in a small resturant "NO" so therefore dont no how you can compere jib rates to a small firm completely different gassafe install has said he will pay trial rates then proper rate if trainiee any good

Minimum wage for a plumber 14.55 p/h
Maximum wage 15.89 p/h
maximum wage per week £596 p/w

Unless you work over time.

Really, wonder how many people complain when they earn £3000 per week

Sorry but this is a load of rubbish, don't know what this applies to. but a difference of £1.40 per hour for gas experience and certification. don't think so.

If thats the case will you give any surplus wages you earn to charity as these people have determined exactly what you should earn?

Anything over what they say should not be allowed either.

And theoretically he has stuck by these guidelines

8 x 6.24 per hour = 49.92 per day, he was offering £50 per day

Only if he is employing them on the cards will he be, as they are required to provide, transport, tools, own p/l insurance then the rate he is paying is low.

Only if he is employing them on the cards will he be, as they are required to provide, transport, tools, own p/l insurance then the rate he is paying is low.

he has asked for somebody with a van, so they are not paying out, tools also already got and P/L insurance is under his as he is contractor. and again if you are self employed you already have.

only thing you are pying for is transport which is understandable as the experience is your reward for paying for fuel. £10 per day is nothing really in exchange for experience, can't buy that at a training centre. I know hundreds of people who would quite literally cut off their right hand for this opportunity. I get 4-5 call a month for this sort of thing and you are spitting it back in his face, how rude.

Gordon Ramsey, isn't really a good example after all he is forever closing restaurants down because they make no money. So just what is a fair trial rate? It certainly isn't one where you have to provide your own transport to the employer @ £50 a day. Anyway for all of you willing to work for this measly amount of money per day, I'll up it to £80 plus cover your parking, congestion and chuck in £35 fuel allowance....

he has asked for somebody with a van, so they are not paying out, tools also already got and P/L insurance is under his as he is contractor. and again if you are self employed you already have.

only thing you are pying for is transport which is understandable as the experience is your reward for paying for fuel. £10 per day is nothing really in exchange for experience, can't buy that at a training centre. I know hundreds of people who would quite literally cut off their right hand for this opportunity. I get 4-5 call a month for this sort of thing and you are spitting it back in his face, how rude.

If your self employed, you should have your own insurance. If you don't your a fool. As for the rest of your post you've completely lost me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back