Discuss Plastic beads to close gap behind a wash basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a.c.c.

Hello
I replaced two basins/cabinets (cloakroom and bathroom) which each have a gap behind the basin
( 25 mm depth another one with 50 mm) due of pipes running behind the cabinets. As I will refurbish the bathroom in a couple of months, I do not want to cut the cabinets as the piping will have to change too.

Are there white plastic beads / strips available that could be drilled to the wall to temporarily close this gaps and seal the back of the basin?
The dimensions I am looking for are:
- 60mm deep x 60mm or more high x 500mm or more long
- 25mm deep x 25mm or more high x 400mm or more long

Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards

A.C.C.

Hello acc,:welcome:

not quite certain of what you are trying to do?
is this just a tempory visual thing or are you trying to seal open ends on pipes?
maybe a photo/drawing would help.

are you just wanting to cover the gap behind the unit as a tempory measure?
why not just use a bit of wood?

Last edited:
I use 40mm white Upvc cladding strips available from Wickes for packing and for the bottom of plastic bath panels, when the bath has to be raised making the plastic panel too short. About £12 for 3 x 3m lengths.They readily adhere to anything with a little silicon or gripfill. On a bath panel, it is fixed with chrome dome headed mirror screws and looks really impressive.

The Upvc strips are available in a range of different widths too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon F
Thanks for your response. Here's one o the basins (with the 60mm gap).
I was thinking about plastic as I recon wood being affected by the water.
What would be the best way to treat wood so that it is serving this purpose?
Many thanks.
A.C.C.

IMG00150-20120704-1658.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic beads to close gap behind a wash basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock