Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, as Mrs Tara Plumbi says bank transfers are so easy, and people can even do them from their phones now, I don't really see the future in cards for a lot longer, but I'd like to be able to accept them on occasion.

A bit like CDs giving way to MP3 downloads people are by nature lazy - trust me, in Bosnia we were only aware we were about to stray into a minefield because the men who'd laid it had left the empty boxes nearby as they couldn't be bothered to dispose of them!!

If anyone else is a Worldpay client I'd love to get referred by you to save the £20 on the unit, you'll get a £15 Amazon voucher!! Anyone interested?!?

I replaced a badly fitted bath tub and sink for a landlord customer about 3 weeks ago. On completion, he asked how much he owed for the job? £620, I says. ''OK, the money is winging its way to you right now''.
He was entering the information on his phone as I was heading for my van. By the time I got to the van, I received a message saying something in the lines of: Visa payment from .....
About 10 mins later, I got a similar message. Being the fool that I am, I left it at that, believing I had been paid. Then a week later, I got another message from Visa, saying because I had not collected the money within & days, it had expired?
So I phoned customer and asked him to just transfer money into my account as usual.

He is a contractor in Kenya. Tells me one of his staff in Kenya approached him and requested to be paid by phone? Since then, all his staff are now paid by phone. They also shop by phone, just transfering funds to various merchants by touch of a button. And I thought we were supposed to be more advanced than this 3rd world countries?

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Hello. Is it considered unusual or 'a bit off ' to ask a plumber if he would accept a credit card payment before he starts the job.

I'm getting central heating system put in.

Quite a big lucrative job , surely he would insure the 3 or 4 % cost of credit card Payment ?

No not at all many tradesmen now have chip n pin machines. As long as they are told in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take credit/debit cards, quick and easy but also like to take cash with some jobs for obvious reasons. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back