Search the forum,

Discuss Outside temperature sensor - weather compensation. Viessmann in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all
Viessmann Vitodens 200-W 35kW combi
Outside temp sensor probably failed with boiler reporting incorrect temps. Corrosion on Thermistor.
To replace the sensor, does it have to be the exact model showing on the manufacturer’s website, or would a slightly older (but same spec) sensor - probably for older boilers in the same range, work ok?
Asking because new sensor showing as over £100 and as far as I can see, all that’s in the small plastic case is a tiny PCB, a 10 kiloOhm Thermistor and a double connector block.
I’ve found several sensors on line - all quoting 10 kiloOhm NTC but can’t confirm they’re the current model for my boiler.
Would all 10kiloOhm temp sensors do the same job or is there something on the PCB which makes them boiler specific?
Thanks

Yes just a 10k sensor nothing special

The service manuals for Viessmann boilers include a graph of R vs T for the weather sensor so you can cross-check against the spec sheet for whichever one you plan to buy.

Yes just a 10k sensor nothing special
Thanks for the reply.
So any Viessmann outdoor sensor - providing it is 10 kiloOhm NTC - should work fine?
I think what’s happening is that our boiler (7/8 years old) is no longer a current version and so spares for it are not as plentiful as for newer boilers in the range. Hence the higher sensor price (£102).
Replacement sensors for the current boilers are available around the £30 mark and before assuming they’d work with my older boiler (both boilers are Vitodens 200-W, just different ref. numbers) I thought it best to check that there is nothing within the sensor which would prevent it from working with my older boiler.
When the sensor cover is removed, it just looks to be a small PCB, one Thermistor and a double connector block to take the DC cable. Doesn’t look overly complicated assuming nothing ‘hidden’ on the PCB.
Thanks again.

Reply to Outside temperature sensor - weather compensation. Viessmann in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock