Discuss Operating Pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Milner??? That bloke who went to win things at Man City and just sits warming the bench and is playing for a side who won't win the league in a million years and will struggle to get into the champions league at best!;) I'm not bitter or anything.

I guess it makes you a celeb. I'll look out for you in my missus magazines anytime soon. Just make sure your wearing a pair of snickers so I can pick you out.

Been told by of a lot of people he is a decent guy, am hoping i can have a chin wag with him, liked Aston Villa but why did they off load there best players they had the makings of a top team under Martin Oneal, but maybe there was more to it, maybe money.

James Milner??? That bloke who went to win things at Man City and just sits warming the bench and is playing for a side who won't win the league in a million years and will struggle to get into the champions league at best!;) I'm not bitter or anything.

I guess it makes you a celeb. I'll look out for you in my missus magazines anytime soon. Just make sure your wearing a pair of snickers so I can pick you out.
James wwwwhhhhhoooooo!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

hi i know that but how do you know that the leak is with transco and not a broblem between the meter and appliances the tightness test would confirm this, or not

look at the post no one has mentioned a leak, tightness test was the first thing i did anyway, as i always do, please read my first post carefully.

contact transco they will replace meter regulator if faulty it may be gas pipe coming in to meter thats blocked they will check it out

gas57 done what you said, read my first post, what they are saying to me there is no problem, but i know there is, i am of the opinion they can not get 21mbar to the meter and trying to fob me off, if you look through my previous posts, i dont think transco can guarantee 21mbar at meter all the time, hi demand and old pipe mains i think they said sometime ago, legally i dont think they have to give you 21mbar, but am fitting a combi at the property next week so before i start fitting appliance i know i have got issuses, which in my opinion is down to Transco and not me as a installer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you carry out the tightness test first at the meter you will find out a, if there is let buy from the regulator, secondly the 1 min stabalisation test at 20mbr and 2 min test at 20 mbr will confirm that there is not a leak from the regulator ir upstream from the meter equally will confirm there is no leak from the meter to the appliances as per the gas safe requirements. the standing pressure test from the appliance will confirm the standing pressure of the pressure in the pipes. The burner or working pressure will confirm the pressure the appliance is working at if less than the pressures above check the pressure on the plate on the appliance it will tell you what the working pressure parameters are of the appliance some are less than 18mbr some work within a range of pressures. But if you have not doe the tightness test you can not confirm if the leak is upstream or down stream or in the appliance. Whilst the pressure they need to attain is 21 plus or minus 2 mbr appliances have to work at as little as 18. Some applicances as you will know you can adjust the pressure into it some you cant but the regulator on the appliance may reduce the pressure from 20 or so to that appliances particular pressure. Unless you have done the other checks you will not know what the issue is, if it leaks upstream of the meter regulator its Transco if its dow stream its you, however pressure drop from the meter if U6/G4 meter to existing appliances can be up to 8mbr ? All can be found in your corgi manual.

hope that helps

Sorry but I think some more revision in that CORGI book required. These comments have got little to do with gas working pressure. U6/G4 gas meter gas tightness test, maximum tolerance 4mbar. E6 gas meter 8mbar. Manufacturer instructions for appliance require 20mbar at inlet, thats why they are called G20 appliances.

Hi Reg Man, at last some one who knows what they are talking about, dont want to be funny, but some of these guys on this post need to check what they are saying, and how to go about checkig the the operating pressure of the meter regulator, if i cant get 21mbar ideally at this meter regulater then i am not going to get 20mbar at the appliance inlet, i know the pipework is correct size and has no blockages, so i said earlier the problem now lays with Transco, who i am hopefully going to meet on site next week. will let you know what my outcome is.

Steve.

Oh by the way stuartmac, the pipework and appliance are new, i fitted it all as per my earlier post, so no permissible drop allowed, as you rightly say all in the" corgi manual", which i think you need to revise a little.

what was the standing pressure at the meter with no appliances running?

Why is everyone hung up on standing pressure as long as it locks out below 30mbar all ok, read my previous post, standing pressure has little relevance to working pressure.

agree with Reg Man, standing pressure means nothing, lots of people on here are getting mixed up with standing pressure and operating pressure, sick of explaining it all over again, just read my previous posts on the matter.

Thanks Steve: The lesson of the day: read post number 11 on this thread. It explains every thing you need to know about regulator pressure and standing pressure.

if you havent got 19mbar/23mbar at gas meter regulator then incoming gas pipe is blocked or under sized its transco property they have to sort it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Operating Pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock