Discuss Nightmare with wiring a valliant ecoplus 428 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leek

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
Could really do with some advice as am completley stuck! Today I have installed a valliant ecoplus 428 boiler, and despite trying everything I can think of can not seem to get the wiring right. This has not been helped by the fact I get no phone reception in the house and have to walk up the road away from the boiler to get a signal! Add into the fact that the guy at valliant whilst helpful was very spanish, I remain totally in the dark!
Has anyone got a wiring diagram that could help me, I have not wired one these before and do not have a clue. I am using an existing wiring center, but the boiler will not fire. Any suggestions would be very welcome as despite coming home and reading every bit of info I can find I am none the wiser!
Regards,
Lee.

Hi, No its not a combi, it is an open vented system, s plan. Cant fathom it, my head hurts! I hate wiring!

Buggered from here mate. I didnt even know what type of boiler itwas. Have you tried going on honeywells website and seeing if you can download a PDF for the s plan

Do you have to wire the pump to the boiler?
Surely all you need is permanent live, switch live, pump live, neutral and earth to the boiler if it's an upgrade?

Last edited:
Worcster man, not been on honeywells website yet, but I have been on one of their courses recently and have loads of paperwork, will check the webiste though, hadnt thought of that, Thanks! EPH, its a heat only, open vented.

well you wire permanent live and neutral to marked terminals

pump to marked pump connections

and for switch live remove link between 3 and 4 and connect external switch live to 4 (this is a 230v terminal)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks puddle, tried removing link between 3 and 4 earlier, but still couldnt get it to fire. My brain has turned to mush, I removed the link 3 and 4 on boiler, is that what you mean, as this was connected to plug i.e permanent live.

if you remove link between 3 and 4 on boiler and do not provide 230v power to 4 it will not work

Yes EPH it does seem to show a pump feed into boiler?

Worcester man, good plan, its just bugging me but too tired to think now. EPH thanks again for your reply, will have a rethink in the morning and see if all becomes clearer. Thanks all for your replies, not used this forum before and very grateful.

The early night works.

I wired up my first S plan a while back and finished at 6:30pm. Heating fine but no hot water. Long day so abandoned to return in the morning.

Woke up 2-3 times during night and felt I had the wiring correct.

Returned and looked in the morning. Connected earth. No luck.

Then I turned the room stat up ...

hope this comes out big enough for you to read it.

Attachments

• vaillant s plan.jpg
    vaillant s plan.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 52
Dont know it all, so true, feel much better after a good nights sleep, did try the thermostat though ;-) and bill577 much, much appreciated. Will pop in and see if it looks any clearer today.

Live to the pump comes from the boiler

Switch live comes from the wiring centre where the pump and boiler were probably originally connected to the orange wires from the motorised valves.

I run a five core flex from wiring centre to a boiler upgrade containing the wires I posted previously.

Well, slightly more productive day, thanks to the diagram bill577 did, managed to get the boiler firing, but im not sure if I may still have a small problem with the wiring, the boiler seems to come on when nothing is calling for heat. The boiler isnt firing so im wondering if this is normal or wether I have a permanant live that perhaps I shouldnt. Will speak to valliant again in the morning, but thanks all for your responses it was a relief to get the thing firing!

thunderboxtech, thats what I was hoping, but the whole thing just fried my brain and wanted to be sure!

It sounds like you are confusing yourself with this to be honest. Do you not know someone who could come along and give you a hand? Much easier being shown than getting advise on here. Perhaps get an electrician in, wont take him long and you will be able to watch and learn for next time. Better to get it sorted even if it costs you a little rather than have an unhappy customer who wants their new boiler working.

Yes I know both electricians and control guys but both too busy to come out! It would have been really helpful to have someone show me as I am more of a visual learner but I think its under control now. Its just peace of mind sometimes. Did the honeywell course just under 6 weeks ago but it is just not in depth enough. The customer thankfully very happy and I did a few extras that I didnt charge for whilst I was there, so think they are quite satisfied. It is amazing how in this job, you never stop learning. I guess it keeps it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nightmare with wiring a valliant ecoplus 428 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock