Discuss New stat, refit in hall or living room as per manufacturer instructions. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

refitting a ch system. Previous fitted by british gas, who put the thermostat half way up the stairs (level with the upstairs floor). Just reading the instructions for a new siemens controller who, stat that the room temperature controller should be fitted in the main living room, at a height of 1.5m

The house is a traditional 3bed detached (i.e hall/stairs, kitchen, dining, lounge). Do others find mounting in the front living room, or hall is better. Think a stat might look out of place in the living room.

Your both right there. Had huge discussion with customer about why we don't fit trv's and stat in same room. They had both in the end, what do I know!

Your both right there. Had huge discussion with customer about why we don't fit trv's and stat in same room. They had both in the end, what do I know!

we just smile and politely take the money...jeez that sounds so mercenary:D

I saw new house with the room stat fitted in living room, straight above a large rad which was fitted with TRV!!! Bet the neighbours had same! The room stat should be in a stable heat area, with a rad ( not too close) fitted with no Trv. A living room heats up with any fires or body heat( get a few people in one room & see it warm up!) or even heat from tv, so stat will only shut off too early.

refitting a ch system. Previous fitted by british gas, who put the thermostat half way up the stairs (level with the upstairs floor). Just reading the instructions for a new siemens controller who, stat that the room temperature controller should be fitted in the main living room, at a height of 1.5m

The house is a traditional 3bed detached (i.e hall/stairs, kitchen, dining, lounge). Do others find mounting in the front living room, or hall is better. Think a stat might look out of place in the living room.

hall is normally the best place, not in direct sunlight

theres proabably no 100 best place for a stat, but most the time the hall is the best

Looks like consensus is in the hall. Strangely when fitting a simple stat, have tended to put them in the hall, but with my own rf programmer stat, it has found a home in the main living room. Having said that, I haven't really got much of a hall in this house.

What do others think about fitting the programmer stat between the floors (ala British Gas), makes for easy wiring through the floor void.

When I had my new system installed I had the programmer stat installed in the coldest room. Doing that allows all the other rooms to warm up first (with TRVs on those radiators.)

the problem with many living rooms is that other heat sources like gas fires can influence the heating of the rest of the house. Many house dont have a hall way as such either. Thats why rf stats are so good, you can leave the customer with the option of moving it around if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New stat, refit in hall or living room as per manufacturer instructions. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock