Currently reading:
New rule,s starting April.

Discuss New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys just like your thoughts on the changes starting in April, (Boiler Plus Program) regards weather compensation & other controls that must be fitted, even the customer cant refuse to have them, what's it going to add to the cost of an install ?

Hi guys just like your thoughts on the changes starting in April, (Boiler Plus Program) regards weather compensation & other controls that must be fitted, even the customer cant refuse to have them, what's it going to add to the cost of an install ?

More Ballcocks!

arnt trvs and a room stat going to mandatory now ?

Just use your Engineers discretion and treat everything on its own merits.

All through my working life ‘THEY’
Change their mind about all sorts. Then once they have it’s the law and you will be imprisoned for not doing it! Or that’s what ‘THEY’ tell you.
Then ‘THEY’ change it back again or to something completely different. I get tired of hearing it tbh Shaun.
Most of it has been done before.

Rant over.

Not sure mate. I fit them in my installs anyway. But stopped reading when I realised my installs are covered because of the smart controls that I fit most of the time.

Just use your Engineers discretion and treat everything on its own merits.

All through my working life ‘THEY’
Change their mind about all sorts. Then once they have it’s the law and you will be imprisoned for not doing it! Or that’s what ‘THEY’ tell you.
Then ‘THEY’ change it back again or to something completely different. I get tired of hearing it tbh Shaun.
Most of it has been done before.

Rant over.

as soon as they crack down on illegal installers then i might listen to them

It's a rainbow coloured sticker that causes Boilers and other appliances to cost more. 'They' invented it to give us all more red tape and nonsense to deal with instead of working.

This is my opinion of course, I cannot speak for anyone else. Although, I suspect a lot are on the same page!

Oops , shouldn’t I have shredded them ?

Some more snippets to think over had this from Baxi about the changes to part L.
1. Applies to England only.
2. supposed to be easy for installers.
3. don't comply you will face prosecution.
4. Policed by Building Control.
5. If customer doesn't want these extra controls it can lead to prosecution and fines up to 5k. for the customer,

Building control! what a joke they are. I fitted a boiler in 2007 and never got registered form some reason I must have forgot. The sale of the house last year was to be held up because of this. I gave the young chap a very large piece of my mind and I am not that way inclined at all. The silly fool accepted his bollocking and the sale went through

Mate of mine works for build control and like he says last thing on my mind is Wether the right room stat is fitted .

To busy to care about it tbh

3. don't comply you will face prosecution.
4. Policed by Building Control.
5. If customer doesn't want these extra controls it can lead to prosecution and fines up to 5k. for the customer,

Believe it when I see it!

It appears to me, that regulations are only followed by those of us with a conscience.
I think people with a conscience are more concerned with avoiding a bad reputation than being prosecuted but would rather avoid anything that goes against their own moral judgement and principles.

How do you deal with people who care about neither reputation nor prosecution?

It appears to me, that regulations are only followed by those of us with a conscience.
I think people with a conscience are more concerned with avoiding a bad reputation than being prosecuted but would rather avoid anything that goes against their own moral judgement and principles.

How do you deal with people who care about neither reputation nor prosecution?
That’s the problem mate. You cannot unless everyone sticks together to try and weed it all out.

That’s the problem mate. You cannot unless everyone sticks together to try and weed it all out.

I agree. In past years I have reported various things and to no avail.

I have used the RIDDOR process a few times and I give up. In future I don't think I could be bothered to waste my time. In fact, I am fairly sure that telling the woman in the Post Office would do more good. At least word would spread.

The process of punishment only works on those who care anyway.

If you are accountable for your actions, you are an easy target for the 'authorities'.

If you don't care, they won't chase you.

My opinion.

If I can't work the controls I won't fit em! I've only just worked out how to use me doro mobile telephone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back