Currently reading:
New rule,s starting April.

Discuss New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys just like your thoughts on the changes starting in April, (Boiler Plus Program) regards weather compensation & other controls that must be fitted, even the customer cant refuse to have them, what's it going to add to the cost of an install ?

Here’s one for you. What happens when Engineer fit smart controls and the boiler comes on and off intermittently during the night waking up the whole house when it does so? #justsaying
#icannotbelieveijustusedahashtag

Always a good thing to make the system more effective . But many systems don't get wet up properly even b4 the added compensater

Dont think we will have much choice in the end here is some guidance chaps .cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-07-06-33-06.png

I agree. In past years I have reported various things and to no avail.

I have used the RIDDOR process a few times and I give up. In future I don't think I could be bothered to waste my time.

My opinion.

RIDOR is not a "call to action", but a means of collecting data, upon which future investigations, regs and requirements can be formulate,

It is also legally mandatory to register when appropriate.

I obviously have never seen anything ;)

RIDOR is not a "call to action", but a means of collecting data, upon which future investigations, regs and requirements can be formulate,

I know what it is.
When I have reported things and used a RIDDOR form, the HSE have contacted me to discuss the matter and also made contact with the end user. The point I was really making was that although bodies like the HSE and Gas Safe get involved in the things we report, they actually do very little, other than gather info as you say.

I know what it is.
When I have reported things and used a RIDDOR form, the HSE have contacted me to discuss the matter and also made contact with the end user. The point I was really making was that although bodies like the HSE and Gas Safe get involved in the things we report, they actually do very little, other than gather info as you say.

I know what it is.

I might sound like an idiot here but i don't know what a load compensator is, i've asked baxi and gas safe and they couldn't tell me either.. could someone on here tell me what it is..

manages the load on the boiler side

say you need 10 kw of heat on a warm ish day it will give you 10 kws and not the boilers cap etc

That’s what I thought. But better to be safe then sorry.

its aload of bollox again only just heard again theve changed it to include bgs hive (lowered the standards)

is that something new boilers do automatically ? would the baxi duotec do it ?

is that something new boilers do automatically ? would the baxi duotec do it ?

well if it has open therm yes it will but as you might know hive doesnt have that so dont have a clue how that works other than telling you no you cant set you heating to 25 as its warm outside :D

i guess bg made a stink or a payment was made

So a smart thermostat through an internet therm whatsit sets the load compensation ? to get this load compensation im guessing the physical thing to buy is a smart thermostat ?

yes either it will be load or weather comp stat

so
nest
honeywell t6
wave etc

are compatible

I live in an area where most customers really aren't interested in saving co2 and can't see a saving in spending 200 quid on a smart thermostat so have no idea about therm internet boilers.

How? And

listed in what section? Am I being blind. I cannot see it?

yep :D

bottom mate "With some weather compensation kits costing in excess of £150 and with space being a premium on most new installations to allow the fitting of a flue gas heat recovery system, it seems that the fitting of smart controls such as Nest and Hive is going to be the most effective way of meeting the new Boiler Plus legislation."

I live in an area where most customers really aren't interested in saving co2 and can't see a saving in spending 200 quid on a smart thermostat so have no idea about therm internet boilers.

whats your main boiler manufacturer you install?

bottom mate "With some weather compensation kits costing in excess of £150 and with space being a premium on most new installations to allow the fitting of a flue gas heat recovery system, it seems that the fitting of smart controls such as Nest and Hive is going to be the most effective way of meeting the new Boiler Plus legislation."
Hold on a minute. Going back to it!

Ohhh yeah. Either sneaky or miss leading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back