Discuss New member from Chilwell, Nottingham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BikerBen

Hi All,

Just a few words to say hi!

I'm 36 (soon to be 37:() and from Nottingham, as the username suggests I am into bikes and currently have a Tuono. My GF and I live in a building site, erm sorry rennovation project which we are doing up ourselves and have become great friends with a gas engineer / plumber through this process, so much so that we even went to his wedding!!

I'm considering a career as a gas engineer so thought I'd join up for some helpful advice and also to be able to read through older posts and learn a thing or two about the trade.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben

Welcome to the forums,hope you find posts helpful,anything not covered,just place a quick post on the subject

These renovation projects can go on a lot longer than you think ,see you have not even had time to finish painting the dog :cool::)

Thanks!

Yes the dog is only 3/4 black, and soon to be joined by a little pig once our fence is finished.

Going along to Derby College in June to find out more about their BPEC gas foundation training evening courses....

hi and welcome...

now get of my patch...lol.

are you at the new chetwyn site?.

Cheers for the welcomes!

I live near the army base at Chilwell - Chetwynd Barracks but currently work in education (kind of!)

Welcome in mate, get yourself on nottingham bikers forum if you are not on there already :)

Lol, Rich is a good chap and just getting into track days. With regards to the career change, do a search on here for more info. Work is fairly quiet at the mo for a lot of plumbers I know inc myself. So give it a lot of thought as hard going at the moment and cut throat. Wanna swap jobs? :)

Yes I know about the track days and I have just hooked Rich up with a friend from work who works for a track day company that also is involved with endurance racing....

I know that the industry is getting some hammer - which isnt? But I'm considering options right now, if it came along (highly unlikely) I'd happily take a British Gas apprenticeship and have a year on half wages.

A friend of mine is a gas engineer so if I can get myself onto a proper (not fast track) course at college for my ticket/s then he will help me (slowly) get the required experience to get on the ladder at the bottom. I'm not looking to be self employed if that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New member from Chilwell, Nottingham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock