Discuss new glowworm betacom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
has anybody else had trouble with the PRVs when installing the current Betacom

the pipework screws up into a plastic fitting, metal to plastic is never a good idea but in this case the plastic seems to be particularly soft and easy to thread

a coleague had problems a months ago and i had the same thing last night,

it really is a bad design and in the future when PRVs need replacing its only going to get harder

After yesterday i'm not going to fit any more until they fix that design flaw

(also i find it annoying they no longer have a pressure gauge)

do you reckon anyone from glowworm reads these posts or am i just ranting

Yeah, I've had this problem too. Might be best to fit the PRV first before piping up the rest of the boiler.

the PRV is in front of the other pipework, if you do PRV 1st it makes everything so much harder

my solution is better, i'm not going to fit them till they sort it out

It is a bit of a pain to fit, it never wants to screw in. Other than that, I do actually quite like it as a budget boiler.

Bit of silicon grease works every time
The betacom ultimate has a pressure gauge inside the casting for the installer ➕the standard digital one
There reward club is excellent you can spend the rewards on I tunes, amazon etc and you don't need 10 million points before you can use
Just a straight £10 for beatacom2 and £15 for ultimate not sure about others and you can register warranty and gas safe notification cheaper

Seem like good boilers at the mo used to fit ideal logic before that

As said above, a bit of grease makes life easier. It amazes me who thought this was a good position when designing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new glowworm betacom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back