Discuss ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A Barnsley inventor has seen his new product, designed to make removing radiators an easy task, go on sale in hundreds of B&Q stores across the UK.

Entrepreneur Tony Cardno, a former Goldthorpe colliery fitter, has created a new design for the radiator valve which doesn’t require a radiator to be drained before taking it off the wall.

B&Q were so impressed with Tony’s radiator isolation valve that they have ordered 7,000 units - and now the ‘Never Drain’ valve will be on sale in 250 stores from this month.

More here:

https://bdaily.co.uk/entrepreneurship/09-09-2015/barnsley-inventors-pluming-product-picked-up-by-bq/

Haha it's just an isolation valve... Rads are heavy enough without lifting the water as well, plus as said before the spindle will defs leak :)

I've had trouble lifting rads empty onto brackets let alone full, someone's going to loose there fingers under a rad,

A drain off on every rad is the answer, shut the valves and rain no mess no trouble and still got all your fingers

Take it the inventor has a thing against thumbs.... He should of asked a plumber, anyone would of told him the issues with his design.

Absolute garbage!!?

If it's a small system it takes hardly anytime to drain and refill (or better bung) and if it's a large system I can imagine customers wanting them on the rads!!

Are they longer then normal rad tails? Would make straight swaps a pain in the arris!

Ha ha ha ...he probably saw Toggers trying to drain an 1800 K2 into his carrier bag and thought wtf there go to be an easier way than this....yes a wet vac!

So what happens then when the trv is passing and you are working on a system with a tank in the loft space?

just encouraging DIY this carp is jeez

Just like those screwdriver operated isolation valves, I bet it will either seize up with time and the screwdriver slot will get mangled or it will leak around the valve stem after it's opened again.

Solving a problem that doesn't need solving and creating a new one in the process.

this new valve is a ball valve not a butterfly valve like the one in the picture, also domestic hot and cold water does not have inhibitor added, like any competent plumber knows it stops the valves from furring up and sizing.

I'm sure inventor Tony has seen this thread by now, maybe a few free samples for selected forum members so we can have a proper look.

If they do work in the long term and stop diy'ers putting cheap isolators all over the central heating waiting to bite us in the bottom at a later date and cost us money and time then it can only be a good thing. (on small rads).

being skeptical and experienced in removing anything from rads to full heating systems,my plumbers brain tells me,do not turn things on heating systems with slot heads on them,it will never work,good idea in principal,bad idea in practice,like many things in life,practice does not come into it,take most typical boiler designs as a very good example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back