Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mobile phone signal boosters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Does anyone have any experience of these?

My daughter has just gone of to her first proper job, which is live-in at a school in the wilds of norfolk, and there is no mobile phone signal in her room, and no access to the internet!

There is a decent signal in the car park about 100 yds away, so I suspect it is partly the construction of the building which is causing the problem, so I was trying to research signal boosters.

I have searched online, but got very contradictory information. Any first hand experience very welcome - if it makes any difference, its an iPhone 5 on 02.

Ta

Ray

We had a 3G booster at home from Vodafone which is basically a bit of a cheat.

Steel frame buildings often shield the signal and a decent mobile booster will resolve this. In short, expensive but worth the outlay until the provider gets off their arse.

Get an iphone/iPod/iPad and you can FaceTime / text over the internet

Get an iphone/iPod/iPad and you can FaceTime / text over the internet

Ray Stafford;535888 and there is no mobile phone signal in her room said:
no access to the internet[/B]!

Hi Simon - no internet either, except by going to the IT department, and I don't suppose she would want to chat with her boyfriend with all the students milling about.

There's not much that I know of then sorry

Even the 3G booster from Vodafone will require an Internet connection

Has she asked her mates if their network works?

Has she asked her mates if their network works?

Its a new job, so she doesn't know anyone yet, (only started today) but is off down the pub tonight, and may get the chance to find out if others can get signal on their networks.

She asked me to do the research on boosters because of the lack of internet connection...

Looking further online, the fact that none of the mainstream retailers stock them makes me thing that they don't work very well. It also seems that they *might* be illegal.

The Vodafone one is legit. But it needs Internet. They all rely on the Internet to boost the signal

Is it every operator that has poor signal there? Might be worth swapping tariff provider. Just a thought, not heard of the signal boosters.

If the phone signal is the issue then as I understand it, you can buy a booster which is basically an aerial with a booster on it.

changing provider may make a differance

otherwise;;;;;
one of these...............
th

otherwise......
th

or old reliable/ish.....
th

sorted..lol......
th

Ray, I have the O2 boost box, but like others have said it requires a wifi connection to boost via the Internet, it does work well, without the boost box I have barely 1 bar, with the box it goes to a full 5 bars.

They do indeed. Just make sure you but the correct frequency relevant to the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mobile phone signal boosters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock