Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mixed emotion kind of day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Had to go with the police to recover a stolen cooker and hood this morning.

Enquiries are ongoing as to whether the chap who owned the house stole them or whether he obtained them in part ex for a car (he runs a second hand car lot). Slight bit of sympathy if it was the latter, none at all if it was the former.

It was the wee woman and her young daughter who were obviously innocent of the whole thing who made me feel wretched. They were minding their business this morning when 4 uniformed plod, 2 plain clothes and 1 Croppie turn up at the door.

There was no hassle, no bother, no screaming or shouting. Just gentle sobbing.

Probably the lowest I've ever felt.

I've never had an issue with shutting down a gas supply because I can balance the upset in my own mind with the fact I'm saving lives. This one though? There were no winners.

I never looked in the rear view as I left.

Live by the sword......if it's really cheap it's either broke or nicked!

Bit OTT isn`t it?
I mean 7 people to get 1 cooker & a hood, what were you elf n safety? lol

All of them, even the women who lived there helped which made me feel worse....

When I read the first post I thought it was one of your funny stories Jon like the one where you were treading on your pals oxygen pipe ....but in this case it really is not funny hope it turns out to be a misunderstanding.....Turnpin

When I read the first post I thought it was one of your funny stories Jon like the one where you were treading on your pals oxygen pipe ....but in this case it really is not funny hope it turns out to be a misunderstanding.....Turnpin

The things were definately stolen so no happy ending there.....

The things were definately stolen so no happy ending there.....

Yeah, there is. For the next person who would have been robbed, and now won't be. I have much more sympathy for the victims of crime than those living with criminals, or receiving dodgy goods.

Yeah, there is. For the next person who would have been robbed, and now won't be. I have much more sympathy for the victims of crime than those living with criminals, or receiving dodgy goods.

Completely agree there. Just the first and, hopefully, only time I've been at the coal face recovering stolen goods. Kinda puts a different slant on it in a strange way...

Difficult one. Your company do police tilt or work ? Bloke who used to drop our commercial meters in for n power "Robbie" welsh bloke. Told us about removing meters and stuff with bailiffs Nd plod . But never recovering goods. How the hell did plod know it was there?

Difficult one. Your company do police tilt or work ? Bloke who used to drop our commercial meters in for n power "Robbie" welsh bloke. Told us about removing meters and stuff with bailiffs Nd plod . But never recovering goods.

We look after the maintenance in the police barracks so rather than faffing about they just asked us.

How the hell did plod know it was there?

Christ knows, didnae ask.

Wouldn't want to be in a meat wagon, might get confused with being a peeler!

Was in the croppiemobile. Which is apparently being upgraded to the new model transit before the end of the year........

wait until you get the excitement of blood everywhere and one of them is suspected of having HIV,i looked like something out of CSI going in to find out why the cleaners had no hot water,not the worst one i done though,worst was 3 young kiddies,Social services involved with that one,no food in the fridge,house was stinking both parents smack heads,she had every sex toy imaginable,cleaners said when they got evicted it was all left behind,sick,kids in that environment

Last edited by a moderator:
dont like that post gm yeuck
nope not nice,on seeing the kids had no food give them my sandwiches for the day,last i heard there all in care and doing well,letting agent got social involved,when theres kids involved that always tugs at my heart strings,the other one was a attack with a samurai sword

wait until you get the excitement of blood everywhere and one of them is suspected of having HIV,i looked like something out of CSI going in to find out why the cleaners had no hot water,not the worst one i done though,worst was 3 young kiddies,Social services involved with that one,no food in the fridge,house was stinking both parents smack heads,she had every sex toy imaginable,cleaners said when they got evicted it was all left behind,sick,kids in that environment

That sort of thing would annoy me. I think what it was today was that I was fully prepared to be annoyed. Just wasn't expecting a nice couple of women who were as unprepared as I was.

But then Martin's post changed everything all over again. Just glad Jon had a shyte day too. At least I didn't burn a towel in the kitchen.....

Croppie,

You and everyone else will get over it.
It sounds like it turned out better than worse.
Tomorrow, and the next day, you will end up doing something else and the police will end up doing the same thing - and probably worse.

Consider yourself lucky that things didn't go pearshaped.

But did you get to condemn anything else while you were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixed emotion kind of day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock