Discuss Mental Health Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just putting it out there..

Does anyone suffer from any mental health issues.. Me? Severe self esteem and anxiety issues. Does my bloody head in lol

Just wonder if I'm alone in the mental department...

Got a job on tomorrow and I'm already getting anxious about it, ain't even that bad a job

Nope Im completely normal.
I find a trip to the massage parlour normally relaxes me
Mind you, Im back to square one once Im presented with the bill

Last edited:

Does anyone suffer from any mental health issues.. Me? Severe self esteem and anxiety issues. Does my bloody head in lol

Got a job on tomorrow and I'm already getting anxious about it, ain't even that bad a job

I get anxious sometimes really bad

Me too

Are you going to make yourself go and do the job ?

Always do.. But then I don't really have a choice as I work for a firm so they book my jobs. Plus I prefer to push myself, no point avoiding stuff cos I'm my own worst enemy! But it's a really crap feeling at the time though, but once it's done it makes the crap worth while..

I get anxious sometimes about the most insignificant jobs. I just can't take pressure anymore.
But any job, no matter how big, that has no hard to do time limit, I can do okay.
Weirdly some real tricky jobs I can laugh at and do no problem.
I find talking about the job to others shares the pressure. Also make sure a pressure job is as well prepared for as possible to save some hassle.
One way to realise you have actually a very easy job with no real pressure is watch some of those life or death hospital operations on tv. At least plumbers rarely have someone's life in their hands.

Last edited:
I get anxious sometimes about the most insignificant jobs. I just can't take pressure anymore.
But any job, no matter how big, that has no hard to do time limit, I can do okay.
Weirdly some real tricky jobs I can laugh at and do no problem.
I find taking about the job to others shares the pressure. Also make sure a pressure job is as well prepared for as possible to save some hassle

Snap! I think my nemesis is time and pressure, especially if I'm doing something I've never done before. Some things I find quite simple other engineers really don't like and vice versa. Like tomorrow I'm putting in a new gas run to a hob but it's being run externally and then through the wall into the kitchen. I've been given 3 hours to do it. Never done a new pipe run. Already feel the pressure!!

Snap! I think my nemesis is time and pressure, especially if I'm doing something I've never done before. Some things I find quite simple other engineers really don't like and vice versa. Like tomorrow I'm putting in a new gas run to a hob but it's being run externally and then through the wall into the kitchen. I've been given 3 hours to do it. Never done a new pipe run. Already feel the pressure!!

You'll be fine. Just do all the head work first, then double check it and neatly drill any holes etc.
Then just simple bending and soldering pipes. No point of rushing straight at it and slowing down due to mistakes.
I do find if I have a time limit, it tends to speed me up and prevents me being too easy going and wasting time.

You'll be fine. Just do all the head work first, then double check it and neatly drill any holes etc.
Then just simple bending and soldering pipes. No point of rushing straight at it and slowing down due to mistakes.
I do find if I have a time limit, it tends to speed me up and prevents me being too easy going and wasting time.
Very true. My biggest downfall when I'm anxious is I doubt myself.. So I spend (waste) a good half hour talking to myself telling myself what I need to do, and than telling myself again, and then again lol you get the idea

your not the only one mate and if we were all normal life would be boring and too easy

for me its my nerves i can be fine one moment and next im not (like a wave washes over you) , its weird but thats life

Last edited:
Very true. My biggest downfall when I'm anxious is I doubt myself.. So I spend (waste) a good half hour talking to myself telling myself what I need to do, and than telling myself again, and then again lol you get the idea

I honestly do the same! I risk changing my mind and over complicating a job.
If I am doing similar jobs often, then I can auto pilot and less stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mental Health Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back