Discuss MDPE laying in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

How many of you guys get asked or lay MDPE on jobs??? or do you pass it on to groundworks ect

there's an extent as to how dirty some guys are willing to get on a job I dont mind abit of digging and pipe laying it comes with the job i think.

I had to lay 60m of 32mm MDPE water mains and 60m of armored cable for my old boss in the snow only good bit was the digging out and back filling as im cpcs reg so i can drive a digger.
wasn't that nice getting cold and wet covered in mud trying to roll out pipe and cable.
Just seeing how many of you guys still do it or just pass it on

I've not done any since last Tuesday when I had to gun up a small front path and replace a leaking lead main.

On most sites its all put in by the groundworks gang, I'll lay and connect any required on any of my extension jobs bit normally get the trench dug my the builder with the mini digger or his labourer by hand

Done quite a bit of excavator work. Got my ticket for 360 up to 5tonne & enjoy working on it. Dug a few pipe runs for farmers locally & also do some seasonal work for the local councils rights of way department so get to do a fair bit with them.

Don't mind getting muddy in a trench, sometimes it's a bit of a brain break from the other bits I do. I enjoy being outside whatever the weather so any excuse is a good excuse!

Nothing wrong with a fork and spade, just get some keen young people in to teach them some hard graft character building and reward them for a job well done.

I have just completed my ticket in fusion welding, for proper mains pipe, im quite happy to wallow in the dirt laying this into valves and then into SC via w/m into small bore mdpe then plumb the whole house up. Extra cash, hell where there is dirt there is money!

any one got any MDPE coming up you want a hand on? or just dont want to get covered in mud???
msg me on here id be more then happy to help im cpcs ticketed... cscs reg for site work.....

I have just completed my ticket in fusion welding, for proper mains pipe, im quite happy to wallow in the dirt laying this into valves and then into SC via w/m into small bore mdpe then plumb the whole house up. Extra cash, hell where there is dirt there is money!
Yo got your street works ticket and cert 1/ 2 /3 for open cut and main insertion 16" mains thats where the money is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MDPE laying in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock