Discuss Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to 'bust' or burn out any powertool apart from that god awfull Bosch green jigsaw that failed me when I most needed it and I lost my temper and shattered it on the ground by its cord. Only 2 weeks old and I missed out of a replacement cos I smashed it in. :6:

Like everything else it depends how you use or abuse them.
Believe it or not this was one of the best drivers ever made and it has still imo never been bettered which is why 20 years later it is still on sale unchanged. Best balanced driver you can buy.
Makita 6095DWDE 9.6v Drill Driver 6095DWDE £109.95
It is not a drill, it is a driver. Use it for what it is the same as any other tool.

Try Hilti and you will never use anything else for your serious stuff. Your money will be well spent.

BSS have Milwaulkee drill with 2 Li-on batteries for £159.

Learned a harsh lesson with a brand new Makita a few years back. Always make sure you scratch your name very deeply on the batteries. I failed to do so and after putting one on charge on what I thought was a good building site with a few so called good workers on it, I returned to find an old plaster covered battery in its place followed by a total denial from everyone with the same drill. Had my suspicions who done it but could not prove it. Never spoke to him or worked with him again and now keep a close eye on everything whenever any of his countrymen are on sites.

Like everything else it depends how you use or abuse them.
Believe it or not this was one of the best drivers ever made and it has still imo never been bettered which is why 20 years later it is still on sale unchanged. Best balanced driver you can buy.
Makita 6095DWDE 9.6v Drill Driver 6095DWDE £109.95
It is not a drill, it is a driver. Use it for what it is the same as any other tool.

Try Hilti and you will never use anything else for your serious stuff. Your money will be well spent.

i remember those makita drills. Carpenters would sleep with them they were so popular.

BSS have Milwaulkee drill with 2 Li-on batteries for £159.

Learned a harsh lesson with a brand new Makita a few years back. Always make sure you scratch your name very deeply on the batteries. I failed to do so and after putting one on charge on what I thought was a good building site with a few so called good workers on it, I returned to find an old plaster covered battery in its place followed by a total denial from everyone with the same drill. Had my suspicions who done it but could not prove it. Never spoke to him or worked with him again and now keep a close eye on everything whenever any of his countrymen are on sites.

I used to work with a chap who, when his battery ran out, would swap his flat one with your fully charged one and put the flat one in your box. You'd go to the next job, flatten a battery and get your charged one out to find it flat. Not an issue with nicking stuff as it was all company issue but flipping irritating.

I was unfortunate enough to have to work with him on quite a few jobs. On one job he cleared the rubbish into the back of my van. When I opened the back of the van the next morning to put it in a hippo bag he had put it all in loose instead of bagging it. It all fell out and proceeded to blow up and down the road.

I think the 8406 has remained unchanged for at least 10 years.
ae235

I mean when you have a good design why mess with it?

Also regarding batteries I wonder if the lithium polymer batteries will ever make their way to cordless tools? They're used I think in some phones and electric cars etc and can be smaller and thinner than lithium ion but are more expensive.

I think the 8406 has remained unchanged for at least 10 years.
ae235

I mean when you have a good design why mess with it?

Also regarding batteries I wonder if the lithium polymer batteries will ever make their way to cordless tools? They're used I think in some phones and electric cars etc and can be smaller and thinner than lithium ion but are more expensive.
thats the one i have,been for repair though £140 ouch

lads,

all this talk from owners of dewalt, makita, milwaukee. All my powertools expect my core and angle drill are HILTI
i have a hilti 36volt with hoover attachment, hilti 110volt te2m, hilti 18volt 3.3ah impact and cordless drill and yes they are dear buy with 2 year no cost and a limited cost after the 2years of 75quid no matter what happens how can you beat that, you would be lucky if the dewalt etc cordless last 2 years.

My Makita BHP 452 drill is about 3 years old and is ready for a new trigger switch so I will buy one, I do have a back up body only that I got really cheap brand new for about £45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back