Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Makita BHP451 18Volt Combi Drill Gear Box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreck

Gas Engineer
Has anyone had an issue with the Makita BHP451 blowing? It's about 18months old...:sweatdrop:

i was on my third joist hole on Monday and puff..... it was only a 25mm auger bit

went back to the same site to see my mate on Tuesday he has the same drill (but older) and he'd had exactly the same thing happen.

am I alone in thinking that this is odd? Is the new BHD458 any good?

Is yours the £100 odd jobby? Gear box is plastic. Makita just seem cheap to me after last one I had jumped out of 1st and wouldn't stay in.... Plastic gear.

It was the top one with all metal gearbox and chuck, I'm starting to wonder about Makita I know the customer care sucks in the UK but that's what a UK office environment does to 90% of people!!!

I had a 451 and it did the same. The 458 is better in my opinion, it's smaller so easier between joists and just as powerful. Only has 2 gears but maybe that's cos when they are geared so low it stresses the box, hence why the 451 s are always breaking 1st gear.
Or you could wait a few months and get the new brushless one from makita with 125nm of torque which is bordering on dangerous if you ask me. I wouldn't like to use it without the side handle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita BHP451 18Volt Combi Drill Gear Box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock