Currently reading:
Magnacleanse flushing System

Discuss Magnacleanse flushing System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering now that these have been out a while if anybody has used one and their thoughts. Adey tech. claim that it will do the job of a power flush without the risk of any damage to rads, dodgy solder joints etc but as it relies on the system pump, i am sceptical, although if any good at 1/2 the price of flushing machines it seems a bargain.
I take it from the deathley silence that they are not popular ?

Last edited:
Just wondering now that these have been out a while if anybody has used one and their thoughts. Adey tech. claim that it will do the job of a power flush without the risk of any damage to rads, dodgy solder joints etc but as it relies on the system pump, i am sceptical, although if any good at 1/2 the price of flushing machines it seems a bargain.
I take it from the deathley silence that they are not popular ?

Hello Mate,

I heard about these too and I would like to know from anyone who has used one. Like you I am a bit skeptacle. Maybe there will be a stand at the ecobuild exhibition in docklands this thursday.

cheers

DirtDog

They work well enough for what they do, collect magnetite. They will not however take the place of a powerflush. If your rads don't heat properly due to sludge they still won't after you fit one of these but your water will be cleaner.
They also have their problems with leaks and dodgy magnets. They are now better than they were but a lot of installers have lost confidence in them and are now using different filters eg magnaboosters, TF1's, sentinels etc.

Thanks for your reply Tamz but these are not the magnacleans but are a filtration system that you hook up to the system for approx 2hrs, set the heating system to run, vibrate all radiators and then clean the filter. Then you insert the actual magnaclean as a preventative for the future. The manafacturer claim that it is as good as a powerflush but without the danger of blowing radiators, weak solder joints that is always a possibility with standard power flushing, but to me just relying on the circ. pump to push water round the system into a filter leaves me sceptical.

Last edited:
I know someone who got the magna cleanse and just left his kamco in the shed. There supposed to be brilliant I bought a sentinel powerflusher just before and I'm gutted I didn't just get the magna cleanse. Although I have heard that some powerflushing companies have the powerflusher and add this to the circuit as well as it cuts the time down massively to clean a system.

Also you'r only cleaning out one rad at a time so the system pump is powerful enough to do this you still need to use the chemicals of course

I have been using the magnacleanse for a few weeks now.

Really suprised at how well it does work. Pretty essential to use the rad hammer tool as well though.

Still got mr fernox flusher for when I come accross a real bad system but a thumbs up from me on the magnacleanse.

Its so much quicker and less hassle to hook up. Its alot easier to keep clean, no machine to overflow or have to keep an eye of dumping water etc

you can buy one which attaches to your powerflush machine and makes it more efficient and quicker i believe you should check the website

I have a magnacleanse and have once tried it as adley recommend and it was rubbish, but if you use it with a powerflush machine it does cut down the flushing proccess.
We did a small house with 5 rads today and it still took all day, but there was a bit of alteration in the airing cupboard to do, remove de-airator because it was blocked and are rubbish, cold feed blocked, expansion pipe dipping in water so you can imagine the heating water was a bit like tarmac.
Also coil piped up wrong way round.

we have just got one today, went to the bosses house to try it out, we installed his CH system about 3 years ago and all pipework was from scratch. hooked the machine up and away we went, we had it running for a few hours. the water looked crystal clear from start to finish, when we removed the magnets we were suprised that they did actually pick up some s**t. after 3 hours of flushing a pretty clean system it collected about half a thimble of stuff. so far im quite impressed with it. cant wait to try it out on an old dirty system. the only thing i didnt like was the radiator buffer thing. it could be because its new but it scratched the first radiator we tried it on (spare one in the garage used as our test - good job really. wouldnt have liked to explain to the boss why his rads were scratched along the bases lol) after that i put a dusting cloth around the head to prevent any scratches. still id say that so far its easier to use than a power flusher and its all sealed so no spillage worries...... until its time to disconnect it of course. :)

does no more to a system than a magna clean, we have fitted a standard magna clean to our powerflush machine and this is the best method i dont think its great method for flushing if your thicking of replacing it as a powerflush solutions

Hi All,
after coming back from the Adey Stand at Eco Build I saw the magnacleanse up close and personal. Immediately I picked up the following considerations.
1- it runs on the system pump....mmmm don't like that.
2- if a magan clean apparatus is not already installed on te primary circuit aterring the pipewor is required. The guy at the stand said you have to do it anyway o fit the magna clean after the job. (fitting was recommended)
3- becuase of two you have to drain system.
4- agitating the radiators using the special drill fitment is not a good idea on radiators, probably resulting in scratched enamel.

for these resons i think i will hold out for a powerflusher which, other than the cost, i think is still a far better way of cleaning.

cheer
DirtyDog

I have quite a few osmosis filter housings i use, i thought i would put a few powerfull magnets into one of these. Directing the flow over the magnets first then through a reusable 50 mcron filter. Not sure on the filter yet becasue i might be changing it to often. This is getting connected to the powerflush machine. Total cost under £20 and will do a good job.

With lifetime system protection
While power-flushing is extremely effective when carried out by a qualified engineer, it’s a fact that the build-up of iron oxide is an ongoing issue within the system.
MagnaCleanse delivers a better solution because it not only removes just as much sludge from the system in the vast majority of cases, it also provides ongoing lifetime protection with the installation of a MagnaClean domestic filter. The whole process is carried out in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of a stand-alone power-flush.

hi, i have bought one and used it last week on a system after a combi swap. even after a hot flush with fernox f3 the magnacleanse still managed to filter a lot of debris out, coombined with the agitator which comes in the kit it seemed ok but im a bit dubious about older heavly soiled systems, im doing a powerflush on tuesday on a 30 year old system on the old baxi back boiler so will try the filter first. i will be suprised if the system pump will be powerfull enough. will report results oncd finished.

weve used ours on a few systems now and had pretty good results, last week we did it on a 20 year old system, both magnets were bulging with sludge, when we started the water was a mucky brown, when we finished the water was relatively clear. drained and refilled system, did a second round to see what the magnets picked up and there was practically nothing on either magnet. i have to admit its worked really well for all the jobs weve done so far with it,

weve used ours on a few systems now and had pretty good results, last week we did it on a 20 year old system, both magnets were bulging with sludge, when we started the water was a mucky brown, when we finished the water was relatively clear. drained and refilled system, did a second round to see what the magnets picked up and there was practically nothing on either magnet. i have to admit its worked really well for all the jobs weve done so far with it,

was looking at buying one but not sure.
do you still use it with a powerflush machine .

was looking at buying one but not sure.
do you still use it with a powerflush machine .

we havent used ours with a power flush machine although some people say you get better results like that, however magnacleanse was advertised as an "alternative" to power flushing plus its less invasive.
in my oppinion having done powerflushes and magnacleanses id say the two have very similar results when you use the chemical cleaners with them.

we havent used ours with a power flush machine although some people say you get better results like that, however magnacleanse was advertised as an "alternative" to power flushing plus its less invasive.
in my oppinion having done powerflushes and magnacleanses id say the two have very similar results when you use the chemical cleaners with them.
I have also done lots of powerflushing over the years and i would agree with you. I was thinking of getting one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse flushing System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock