Search the forum,

Discuss LPG Tests in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Ok so ive had my LPG for 3/4 of a year now and thats all i seem to do atm, rarely natural gas.

Few questions to see what u guys are doing.

- how are you gas rating appliances? (If you can) Since its a tank not a meter like natural gas
- if your stats on your FGA is reading well, do you accept it regarding your tests
- when your doing your tightness test since its outside im getting alot of waving about due to the wind affecting readings, any easier way?
- after ECV to the property, first thing im doing is cuting a test point in so you dont have to go back and forth to the tank (obv. Making sure the UPSO & OPSO haven't tripped)

Comments always welcome regarding this guys! Doesnt seem theres much LPG gas advice out there.

dont do a lot of lpg, so always having to carry course notes to remind me of what to do. Always surprised to come across combis running off 4 pack bottles, very rich or stupid customers!!!

Ok so ive had my LPG for 3/4 of a year now and thats all i seem to do atm, rarely natural gas.

Few questions to see what u guys are doing.

- how are you gas rating appliances? (If you can) Since its a tank not a meter like natural gas
You can't
- if your stats on your FGA is reading well, do you accept it regarding your tests
Working pressure and FGA
- when your doing your tightness test since its outside im getting alot of waving about due to the wind affecting readings, any easier way?
Test it on the gas valve or wear a balaclava or No
- after ECV to the property, first thing im doing is cuting a test point in so you dont have to go back and forth to the tank (obv. Making sure the UPSO & OPSO haven't tripped)
Thats sensible
Comments always welcome regarding this guys! Doesnt seem theres much LPG gas advice out there.

No there isn't

Tamz your on a roll i should just PM you from now on haha!

Lame - yeah im still looking at my course notes however most of it is all about purging than actual tests i thought the course was about

Cheers guys!

nothing wrong with notes i still have a spread sheet in bottom of my tool boxes with maximum readings allowed on appliances etc

You cant go wrong with it lee :) i got a good sheet too regarding purges, gas rate (paper way), fga acceptable readings etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG Tests in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock