Currently reading:
Last few days for cash for your scrap

Discuss Last few days for cash for your scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erpkid

Have just finished loading the van for the last cash run to our scrappie. As of the 3rd of December it will be cheque or transfer apparently. This was one of the last few perks we had so well done the government on introducing a law that will not discourage the toe rags who desecrate war memorials but make all of our lives just a bit more transparent.....also the missus will see how much scrap actually makes :sad:.............rant over

BTW also guessing the scrappie will be pretty mean with his prices

I dont understand why the government have started this policy, after all it used to be the easiest way for them to hit tax avoidance with the likes of plumbers and builders: first you go to scrappie, give you name, address and vehicle reg and take cash payment, then the taxman inspects the srappies books, takes details of all tradesmen taking cash payments, they then pick a list of tradesmen to hit with an inspection, generated randomly is what they tell you when the letter plops on your doormat, thet turn up, look for the one cash payment for scrap you havent declared, if its not there then you suffer a full inspection going back upto 6 years. Then they estimate how much tax you owe, based one the one payment you didnt declare and other factors and you are in the pooh. So imho the one payment you all receive that should always go in your accounts is the scrap payments.

The only payments they cant chase are for granny who's leak youve stopped who is so grateful and owes you £90 for the work but bungs you a £100 cash and forget about an invoice you came so quick. thats the one you pocket.

Remember a tax inspection involves your accounts, all your merchants invoices (so you can tell them where your matching invoice is) to check you havent worked for nothing! They will also look at you personal cheque accounts and if they feel like it your wife or partners accounts. If they find anything you cant account for , theyll tax it, so the cheque on your birthday fron grandad/mum, write it down or theyll tax it.

All the new scheme has done is inconvenience hmrc into having to look harder for tax avoidence, the pikies are still going to nick gear and flog it on, probably to a plumber to take in now tho, as pikies dont like bacs and cheques.

So all of you who like the xmas cash bonus, dont forget unless you declared it, it can take them upto 6 years to get to you, and you had better have recorded it or have a good excuse or it can be hell. How do I know, I have friends who had inspections, and the only thing you can guarentee is that you'll lose a lot of weight and not sleep for a while. Hence why all my scrap has always been declared, its too easy for the blighters to chase!

I dont understand why the government have started this policy, after all it used to be the easiest way for them to hit tax avoidance with the likes of plumbers and builders: first you go to scrappie, give you name, address and vehicle reg and take cash payment, then the taxman inspects the srappies books, takes details of all tradesmen taking cash payments, they then pick a list of tradesmen to hit with an inspection, generated randomly is what they tell you when the letter plops on your doormat, thet turn up, look for the one cash payment for scrap you havent declared, if its not there then you suffer a full inspection going back upto 6 years. Then they estimate how much tax you owe, based one the one payment you didnt declare and other factors and you are in the pooh. So imho the one payment you all receive that should always go in your accounts is the scrap payments.

The only payments they cant chase are for granny who's leak youve stopped who is so grateful and owes you £90 for the work but bungs you a £100 cash and forget about an invoice you came so quick. thats the one you pocket.

Remember a tax inspection involves your accounts, all your merchants invoices (so you can tell them where your matching invoice is) to check you havent worked for nothing! They will also look at you personal cheque accounts and if they feel like it your wife or partners accounts. If they find anything you cant account for , theyll tax it, so the cheque on your birthday fron grandad/mum, write it down or theyll tax it.

All the new scheme has done is inconvenience hmrc into having to look harder for tax avoidence, the pikies are still going to nick gear and flog it on, probably to a plumber to take in now tho, as pikies dont like bacs and cheques.

So all of you who like the xmas cash bonus, dont forget unless you declared it, it can take them upto 6 years to get to you, and you had better have recorded it or have a good excuse or it can be hell. How do I know, I have friends who had inspections, and the only thing you can guarentee is that you'll lose a lot of weight and not sleep for a while. Hence why all my scrap has always been declared, its too easy for the blighters to chase!

Focusing on "plumber's perks" diverts attention away from the mega dodgers.

Margaret Hodge has been trying to lift the lid on the big tax avoiders, Starbucks, Amazon, Google, etc, but as the media is rife with tax dodgers too, including the BBC, the long grass is likely to grow back pretty quick.

Unfortunately, it's the price you pay for not earning enough to make it worth going off-shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Last few days for cash for your scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock