Discuss Last few days for cash for your scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erpkid

Have just finished loading the van for the last cash run to our scrappie. As of the 3rd of December it will be cheque or transfer apparently. This was one of the last few perks we had so well done the government on introducing a law that will not discourage the toe rags who desecrate war memorials but make all of our lives just a bit more transparent.....also the missus will see how much scrap actually makes :sad:.............rant over

BTW also guessing the scrappie will be pretty mean with his prices

WE have no problem with cleaning up the scrap business - my best friend runs one
NEVER take your stuff in b 4 xmas cause the price always goes down - wait until
after my birthday - 29 jan

Father Xmas

Will a transfer or cheque make much difference though if its to a personal account?

Will a transfer or cheque make much difference though if its to a personal account?
If its a Ltd company yes, it needs to go into the business account!
if your a sole trader you can, but tax has to be declared!
ANY TIME BEFORE 3rd Dec they will have your pants down for sure!

Cant even be bothered with scrap anymore loads of hassle now i just stick £50 on materials nowadays

I find it hard to believe that you will have to be a business to scrap anything in! just put the cheque in your name, (less paperwork) and then pay it into your personal account. The way I see it is that I am throwing it away, and making money doing it. so I aint putting it in the books, never will even if they pay by cheque.

If its a Ltd company yes, it needs to go into the business account!
if your a sole trader you can, but tax has to be declared!
ANY TIME BEFORE 3rd Dec they will have your pants down for sure!

You mean tax is supposed to be declared! Might just stick it in the misses name!

do you ring the goverment and tell them that you are putting your rubbish bin out?
Do you ring the goverment and tell them you are putting some bottles in a bottle bank?
do you ring the goverment and tell them you are going down the dump?

do you pay tax to do any of these?

I"ll think you"ll struggle to find anyone who currently declares their scrap money
My mate who had an investigation, they estimated his last 5 years scrap income!! Trust me in the mrs name, personal account is still no good! They go through everything, BTW ingnorance is no defence either my pal worked his nuts off for a whole year, just to pay the fines and the HMRC's Estimates of what he owed, you cannot negotiate either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Last few days for cash for your scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock