Discuss Landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Britlee

i have been asked to service a boiler and do a landlord cert, i asked him how many appliances are in the property and he come back with just a boiler, but there is a gas fire there which has been capped off due to it being condemned last year. what i'm asking is do i need to check the gas fire or just make sure it is still capped off and note it down on the cert.

Thanks Lee

cheack all dude for what its worth better safe then sorry as it will be on your head in my opinion i might be wrong tho and stand to be corrected if so but een if no need id like to cover myself.

The only check I would be doing for the fire is to make sure it is capped off, if it is to be turned back on at a later date or replaced then thats for the next gas fitter to check.
Just note there is a fire that is not connected to the gas supply. Why check something thats not connected to the supply.

You are doing a report on the gas appliances and instalation

It a appliance is capped off,just put that on report,no need to uncap test and recap!

I put on report in this instance

Gas fire in front room capped off/isolated previously by another,not tested /inspected,if appliance reconnection/re-enstated , full inspection of appliance and it's instalation will be required

Or similar bum coverer

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thread about gas certs is moaning about some prices others are charging, well if you are going to start re piping and checking fires that are not even connected to the supply no wander they are a lot cheaper than some on here.

Another thread about gas certs is moaning about some prices others are charging, well if you are going to start re piping and checking fires that are not even connected to the supply no wander they are a lot cheaper than some on here.
dude noones mentioned re pipeing or just do we cheack and we ansewd yes and by your ansew then you cheack aswell dont you by checking it is capped off as should be that is a check who says that it was done by a gsr engineer or the landlords bodge man you are issuing a cert to the gas end of cheack its capped right make necessery note easy as that then carry on as you would arse covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the first post, he asks shall I check the fire or just see if it is capped off.
So how is he going to check the fire for anything if he doesn't connect to the supply? OK dude.

I would just check its capped off and thats it. I would not mention anything on the gas cert and i dont see any reason to unless you like wasting your time and ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock