Discuss Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikey456

Seeing as we've got a favourite jobs post the things you hate doing

Coring Holes
Cementing round holes
Changing toilets
Changing taps on baths when its extremely tight and you feel like smashing the bath to bits.

changing siphon on rusty c/couple wing nuts whilst kneeling with urine soaked flooring all around and my worst was changing a blocked wm2 trap on sink in a spotless house so i thought i didnt need any disposable gloves bad move
i undone the trap and sick just started covering all my hands i looked at tnt in disgust she walked out too embarassed

Talking of which, when you find that your tap spanner ....this type.....

unnamed.jpg

Doesn't fit the back nut on a tap (maybe european sizes or something?) ...And it's on a vanity basin or something where the recess it's in is tiny and hard to get anything in there anyone got any tips for getting the thing off without cutting it off from above?

there seems to various sizes of these types of tap spanners, I have the one you are talking about which doesnt fit some back nuts, although I have seen ones with different sizes just haven't bought them yet.

I'd be worried the hot metal coming into accidental contact with the basin might do something though...probably wouldn't right?

Done it a few times with no issues, also used a couple of bits of 10mm copper flattened and bent into a u shape over the top of the box tap spanner for some smaller backnuts.

That I like! Especially as since you mention it the problem ones always seem to be a bit smaller that the box spanner - not sure I've come across any too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back