Discuss Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikey456

Seeing as we've got a favourite jobs post the things you hate doing

Coring Holes
Cementing round holes
Changing toilets
Changing taps on baths when its extremely tight and you feel like smashing the bath to bits.

Tidying my Van , it takes ages and doesnt earn my anything ( allthough I suppose if I didnt muck it out occasionally I wouldnt be able to work ) !!!!!!!!

I love tidying my van and giving it a good clean with the pressure washer. Its amazing how much you find when you clean it out. I tend to find loads of change and lots of lighters and it always amazes me how the rubbish from McDonalds seems to hide everywhere!

Driving, changing syphons on WC (the older type where you have to remove the whole cistern to do so), lagging, shower doors and enclosures, bath panels, triple ladders, working in lofts where they've had the insulation increased to the new recommended height and it's laid across all the joists and pipes.

Generally don't hate too much of our job. Lucky really. Oh I do have one BIG hate.

PAPER WORK!!! ARRRGH!

working in scruffy rented propertys changing bath taps with your head rubbing against the chatty toilet bowl that has never been cleaned, urine smells ouzing from the non covered t&g flooring. finding chicken bones and rat droppings strewn behind the bath panel as you remove it.

or concealled toilet cistern i did the other week, removed panel and there was around 50 used condoms in a pile in the corner just where i needed to work. told the woman to move them, unlucky for her she only moved in the day before.lol.

ah yes, answering the phone, rather be sent to a job than arrange and price it.

working in scruffy rented propertys changing bath taps with your head rubbing against the chatty toilet bowl that has never been cleaned, urine smells ouzing from the non covered t&g flooring. finding chicken bones and rat droppings strewn behind the bath panel as you remove it.

or concealled toilet cistern i did the other week, removed panel and there was around 50 used condoms in a pile in the corner just where i needed to work. told the woman to move them, unlucky for her she only moved in the day before.lol.

ah yes, answering the phone, rather be sent to a job than arrange and price it.

That is hardcore gross. I don't get grossed out easily, but a pile of used condoms. Think I'd have walked. Good on you mate.

the one thing i hate more than anything else is going up a 3 teir ladder in awkward spots and then once you get the damn thing up you climb "carefully" to the top and a great big gust of wind hits you from the side, for someone whos scared to death of heights (like me) going up an extended ladder is the worst thing, glad i dont have to do it very often. lol.

other than that i hate finishing off where others left and their work leaks when you liven it up, grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock