Currently reading:
Isn't time a funny thing!

Discuss Isn't time a funny thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Isnt it funny how time feels quick one moment and another's slower than a snail in glue

School dragged for me, 6thform went so fast, leaving and not having anything to do for a month felt like a year.

then i got this apprenticeship and time flew by!

till i passed my acs and got everything handed in back in october.

Since then its felt like 5 years and i still have to wait till august to get my qualifications, I'm just waiting painfully for them :(

does anyone else feel like this?

My teens dragged on for ever, 20s were lost on drink, drugs and the very occasional woman, my 30s are disappearing fast! Don't wish your life away!

Ahh im tired of waiting for my gas safe :/ and being as qualified as the other engineers (more so, ill have 3 times the amount of tickets!), do as much work as them, im the only one who pays his own PL, go to jobs by myself mainly andddddddd get paid a not even a quarter that they get... Dammit

I'm 48 now.......where the hell did that go.......i feel 48 on the outside, 6 3/4 on the inside....marbles anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
35 yrs since I left school to become a gas engineer !!! Thanks for the reminder...........!!!! sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! :lol:

time is money
time is precious
time waits for no man
time cant be reversed,choose wisely
time with your loved ones makes time very precious

It took me 25yrs to decide that I didn't want to spend all my time at work ... actually 20yrs, it took me 5yrs to make the decision to make 'time' not money my goal.... :) Now I spend as much time NOT making money as I can..!!! I just love making 'time' instead :)

Time is a constant and travels from the present to the past, what s happened you can't change.

The future is an illusion which only you can guide.

it may seem like you have all the time in the world but all of a sudden its gone fill every moment you can with some thing you enjoy take your kids away as much as possible it doesnt have to be two weeks in disneyland,cos they remeber it and remind you of it in 30 years time when youve forgotten all about it even if its a day on the beach or a hour sledging on the morning its snowed cos eventually memories will be the most important thing to you

It's look as though I've stumbled upon the UK Philosophers Forum this morning!

Are you all Time Safe Registered & have the relevant paperwork to dispense such information?

Only time will tell.......

God I feel old.

50 last birthday. That is officially my last ever birthday. Never again.

We should start a UKPF grumpy old men club. Admission limited to those who remember when Avocado was something you put into a NEW bathroom.

because time won't give me time
And time makes lovers feel that they have something real
but you and me we know
they've got nothing but time
and time won't give me time...

sorry got sent back to 1982.......

It took me 25yrs to decide that I didn't want to spend all my time at work ... actually 20yrs, it took me 5yrs to make the decision to make 'time' not money my goal.... :) Now I spend as much time NOT making money as I can..!!! I just love making 'time' instead :)

When I got made redundant I made the decision to work smart not hard. If I need to spend all of my evenings and weekends working to make ends meet I'm doing it wrong. Time is set aside during the day for paperwork.

I'll only work weekends if I feel like it and make sure that I give myself off time in lieu.

I used to work most weekends and didn't realise what I was missing. When eagaheat stopped overtime I started dog agility and volunteering with the woodland trust. All of a sudden I had a life and when they begged me to work weekends again I declined. I discovered that there was more to life than money.

God I feel old.

50 last birthday. That is officially my last ever birthday. Never again.

We should start a UKPF grumpy old men club. Admission limited to those who remember when Avocado was something you put into a NEW bathroom.

did that on a thread a while back, too many grumpies out there tho!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isn't time a funny thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back