Search the forum,

Discuss Invented pressure rising! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

System Oil boiler has been loosing water through the pressure release valve so when system is cold the guage is showing pressure is too low and needs topped up.
(This shows to be the isolation valves for top up loop are fully shut off)

Expansion vessel was replaced with new one and still having same issue 😭

Pressure gauge showing pressure going up to 3 bar so looks like pressure release valve ok.

There is no automatic bypass but there are 2 towel radiators without thermostat valves.

Any ideas as to what could be happening here please? 🥺

I'd recommend getting a professional to take a look.
You have several issues here that tell me it needs assessing by a qualified engineer.
1: pressure shouldn't get near 3bar in normal use
2: pressure loss could be several things
3:the use of 'invented' rather than 'unvented'

How many rads do you have and if double or single panel and can you read off the expansion vessel volume and we can do a few calcs which may help. What is the boiler output.

Reply to Invented pressure rising! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock