Discuss I feel a right Kent! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Sale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a lassie ring up last boiler not working, i told her i charge a fault finding fee of £50, she said could not afford until today and come round today. Phoned her up this morning as its 15miles away to see if she still wants me to come round (nothing worse than turning up and its been fixed) Anyway. She says i was gona ring you as i can't afford it and have to put it off till next week.

I offered to take a post dated check so she could get her heating on, but she said would pre fair paying cash, so she said i'll have to leave it until i've got money. I feel carp for not going out but i got three kids to feed, merchants to pay, van insurance etc.

I wouldn't feel bad mate. British gas or any other big firm would have done the same. You wouldn't fill the van up then ask to pay for it weeks down the line.

This may sound harsh, but if she can't afford to pay for you then its her fault not yours. I do nothing for free :)

Need to take a hard line or you'll get shafted. She'll probably have no money to fix the boiler but will be sat there smoking and probably out at the weekend.

Your'e in business, not a registered charity. :)

As a above. Owts for nought. I believe that's a Yorkshire term as well.

if you eva do owt for nowt, allus do it fer thi sen :)

Ah dooant doa owt for nowt. ah onny doa fettle ah gerr paid for. if theur want fettle for free then may ah suggest theur contact eur charity.

does this make sense to you? Your language is the weirdest I've ever heard :)

Hang on I've got a Yorkshire fraze book somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I feel a right Kent! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock