Discuss How to increase my salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to work harder, dont do this wont do that, dont want to go se, so happy with being employed. If that is the case youre being paid your worth, kick out and get out of your comfort zone become indispensable or stop winging! Being a bit harsh, but |i'd say your happy at work and not pushing it, fine for your boss who has someone trundling along but if you really want a pay rise, look elsewhere, apply for jobs so you will either get a rise from moving or if your worth keeping your boss will make you an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I do but not gas work. strictly plumbing for friends or friends of friends etc. I've thought of the BG approach. That could work. Thanks

Get another job lined up then go in and renegotiate.

I went for a job and they were offering what your on and I thought it was an insult so I'm sticking self employed.

I'm not whingeing. Far from it. I just asked for a payrise and was given a suggestion. Just thought I'd ask what might be a fair system of pay.

You have to remember that £23k would be hard to earn as a self employed plumber.

You have to remember that £23k would be hard to earn as a self employed plumber.

but he has to bring in more than that for his boss to keep him, nothing is easy just takes effort and stress. sorry if I pushed the winging, but you ought to see how my son deals with his staff asking for pay rises. He employs his younger sister and that can cause hassle, she was his office manager, on £20k, she wanted a rises so no she is a sales person, able to get £30k, but she has to work for it. He offered me a job, not that desperate yet to have to work for him :) as I am only £5k a year behind him at present, but I think next year the gap is going to rapidly widen :(

I think he's pulling your pants down mate. £11 per hour is cack. Look for a new job.

Out of interest, what does your boss charge for your labour?

bit high for plumbing work redsaw, if the boss is getting 65, take off the 11 and Nics, holiday and sick, add on the insurance, cost of van servicing etc etc and his margins wont be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to increase my salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back