Currently reading:
How to get NVQ assessed via self employed route

Discuss How to get NVQ assessed via self employed route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan0904

Hi,

This is my first post and i would like to know if anyone has any information on how to get NVQ assessed if you are self employed. I have no idea on who i need to contact to get work that i have completed signed off for the portfolio. Is it just a case of do the job take pictures and then send them off. Also what type of work are they looking for the NVQ level 2 and NVQ level 3?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi,

This is my first post and i would like to know if anyone has any information on how to get NVQ assessed if you are self employed. I have no idea on who i need to contact to get work that i have completed signed off for the portfolio. Is it just a case of do the job take pictures and then send them off. Also what type of work are they looking for the NVQ level 2 and NVQ level 3?

Thanks in advance for any help

you need to be enrolled and registered to begin with, then they will explain all of it

you need to do hot cold water, heating or variety of that work, for l3 you need to commission and plan jobs

Have you done your Level 2 technical certificate (6129)? You'll probably find you need to complete that before you can enroll for NVQ. And when you do enroll in the NVQ you have to have a couple of site visits from the assessors, so that they can witness you doing an install, working safely etc. The rest of the portfolio you self certify with photo's and write-ups.

Get in touch with your local technical college or construction industry training centre if you have one and they will point you in the right direction.

Have you done your Level 2 technical certificate (6129)? You'll probably find you need to complete that before you can enroll for NVQ. And when you do enroll in the NVQ you have to have a couple of site visits from the assessors, so that they can witness you doing an install, working safely etc. The rest of the portfolio you self certify with photo's and write-ups.

Get in touch with your local technical college or construction industry training centre if you have one and they will point you in the right direction.

you dont need to do the 6129 before enrolling on the nvq, in fact you can do a direct nvq

usually takes 4 or more visits
all other work must be signed by a workplace recorder who is an experienced and or qualified plumber

I have recently finished the 6128, two years at college. I am going to be invited back to college in September to look at the portfolio for the NVQ. I actually believed you had to find an employer to do the work based assessments with, I didn't realise you could source the work yourself?! Thats great to hear as struggling to find an employer anyway.

I didn't realise you could source the work yourself?! Thats great to hear as struggling to find an employer anyway.

You'll need a qualified plumber to sign your work off for you. I can't think why a plumber would do that for someone who isn't a friend or employee.

You'll need a qualified plumber to sign your work off for you. I can't think why a plumber would do that for someone who isn't a friend or employee.

I thought the nvq assessor comes on site? Correct me if im wrong its just what the college told me.

You do need a qualified plumber to sign them off and also the NVQ guy for about 4 of them. What you can do is, if you can get the jobs, fone a local plumber and explain your situation then tell him you will find the work and he can do it with you there takin photos. You can complete your portfolio and he will 100% take you on because your giving him work. Thats what i did and it worked a treat. My guy also gave me half of what he charged so it was win win for every one

i have a list of providers some where?.
also, if you source the jobs yourself, you have to be s.e. for 2 years (or employed by yourself) i believe.

dont fall into the trap of thinking the nvq is straight forward , its anything but, sounds easy but is a lot of work

Dont need a qual plumber just more site visits !!! no more 6129 though, going to be only nvq based stuff. In other words if you want to get on a course you have to prove you have work ahead of you...

Dont need a qual plumber just more site visits !!! no more 6129 though, going to be only nvq based stuff. In other words if you want to get on a course you have to prove you have work ahead of you...

youd need a load of on site visits by a qualified on site assessor if you dont work with a workplace recorder

there will only be an nvq, however all the college based stuff will not be removed, you simply dont get a qual until you do the nvq bit as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to get NVQ assessed via self employed route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock