Discuss How Many Jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How many jobs do you guys clear on an average 8 or 9 hour day? Obviously it hugely depends on what the jobs are but general plumbing stuff like the list below (as well as picking the parts up):

2 x bristan shower heads replacement
Immersion replacement
Reactive - no hot water
Bar mixer replacement
Reactive - Leaking tap
Toilet handle replacement
Kitchen tap replacement
Kitchen tap & concealed shower valve replacement

I'd say you've earnt your money after that list. Don't really do day to day plumbing anymore.

used to complete between 7-10 services in a day or 2-8 breakdowns all local say in a 15 mile radius

I'm looking forward to the challenge. These are spaced out between SE, SW, E and W London. Hopefully traffic won't be a nightmare

I wouldn't get through that in a day. Unless they were next door to each other and not 1 problem.

If that's what your being asked to do then I would expect to phone the office in the afternoon and let them know that you won't make it to some.

Don't rush it and make mistakes also if you do that every day then expect them to want that every single day.

I used to get through between 6-10 boiler breakdowns/servicing/ fitting parts based in Cheltenham and Gloucester so no where near as much traffic as London and that used to be a struggle some days.

We aim to complete 4 small jobs in a day bringing in a minimum of 8 hours of work (we charge 2x for the first hour). Some days we will do more some we will do less. As long as the average is around 4 the sums add up.

I wouldn't dream of asking one of my staff to do 8 jobs in a day tbh.

Id probley allow 2-3 days for that allowing for traffic/collecting material/ waiting round for customers to let you in
and for the unforeseen problems

We aim to complete 4 small jobs in a day bringing in a minimum of 8 hours of work (we charge 2x for the first hour). Some days we will do more some we will do less. As long as the average is around 4 the sums add up.

I wouldn't dream of asking one of my staff to do 8 jobs in a day tbh.

Most of the companies I have worked for allow 1 hour per job including travel time so 8 jobs a day. Some times when your servicing it's easy to do but other times if you have to strip boilers apart it not possible. I think I have only had 1 job where I got an average of 5 jobs a day but travelled around 200-300 miles a day.

The worst one I worked for was 9 jobs a day and most about 20 minutes apart! No wonder nobody ever stayed to actually fault find on the boilers and just guessed.

I take my hat off to you and if I could find someone down here the same and offered decent money I would be working for them within a shot!

earned £400 for 2 jobs by 1300 today for a boiler repair and immersion swap, so I went home :)

earned £400 for 2 jobs by 1300 today for a boiler repair and immersion swap, so I went home :)
I don't even earn that in a week :/ in the end, my 1st two jobs were swapped with a job replacing 2 rad valves on a communal system in a block of flats, 1 was a standard 15mm valve and the other went on 1/2 inch steel pipe. Only managed to do that, a reactive to radiator issues and replacing a bar shower mixer by 4pm. I was willing to do 2 others but the custards wanted to reschedule. But I know I'm probably gonna get pulled up on it

Got told tonight my quote for a new heating install was cheap, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Many Jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock