Discuss How important is Gas rating ?!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggis

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys.
Don't know if you're aware that there has been some Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 24kw boilers badged up as 28 kws.
Just another reason to gas rate, as you and your customer may be not getting what you've paid for.

As regards Valliant ,you are never going to get what you pay for !!

How many mistakes and faulty parts are they going to be able to get away with before people start realising they are no were near the boiler they used to be

imho

ps..... Gas rating is still important,although some say not as important as it used to be with the new fully modulating boilers,however high/full flame must still be checked and not rely on factory settings
Obviously on other appliances nothing has changed and most will say,just as important as always been
Appliances can still leave the factory with wrong injectors and jets and when installing a appliance,just because fred has tested and past it in the factory,as above it could have been boxed incorrectly or not tested fully

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt think you could gas rate a A rated boiler cos of the modulating gas valve. was told even on lock out doesnt give true reading

thought you could only go off the analyser as Co % would be diffrent

Last edited by a moderator:
By "lockout" - do you mean setting it to max rate ?

I always gas rate any appliance down to KW get asked about it everytime by my local GS inspector

i gas rate everything except A rated boilers on them i use my analyser and go off the co %/ratio by reading the mi,s am not saying it right just what i was told when learning as when on full rate/ie lock the boiler you still carnt always gas rate as they still modulate slightly also some dont lock out as there designed that way as i say its not gospel and am not saying its right just wat i was told

my mates who is also GSR'd says he was talking to an assesor the other and he believes gas rating will dissapear from an assement in the next 2or 3 and everything will be fga annalysed.

dont knowif this is true or not but i think short sighted if it is.

always gas rate and FGA where possible, nowt wrong with double dutch

my mates who is also GSR'd says he was talking to an assesor the other and he believes gas rating will dissapear from an assement in the next 2or 3 and everything will be fga annalysed.

dont knowif this is true or not but i think short sighted if it is.

i cant see it my self, what about appliances you cant use your fga on? fga dont tell you everything.

How can confirming an appliance gas rate be discontinued

even more important on fires were ventilation requirements depend on it,manufacturers write there MI based partly on gas rates being correct

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is Gas rating ?!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock