Discuss how do you do this then..? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mc497

Hi to everyone,
new to the forum, and I am not a plumber by trade either so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
I carry out general property maintenace and whilst finishing up on a job this week the customer asked me to look at her leaking taps.
Sure no probs, says I, the one dripping from around the base of the spindle probably needs a new o-ring or gland, (so I believe) please correct me if Im wrong.
I removed the top of the tap hoping to see the top of the gland, but no, all I could see was plastic, and no sign of the nut at the top of the gland.
I didnt want to put any force onto this as I didnt want to break it, so I told the customer I couldnt do it. Basically I havnt seen one like this before, but then I cant remeber the last time I took a tap apart, i dont really do this on a daily basis, but can anyone tell me is this common, and if so how could I have removed it...?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do you do this then..? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock