Discuss How do you apply your flux? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
power flow will clean very oxidized copper with no problems at all, id trust it over laco if you can get the fitting on.

power flow will clean very oxidized copper with no problems at all, id trust it over laco if you can get the fitting on.

Getting the fitting on is half the battle with powerflow :)
And 90% of the battle if you want it on full slip....:)

Interesting..I clean the pipe using a pipe cleaner; with a small brush apply flux to the pipe only and twist the fitting a few times...works for me.

At times apply it with my finger....much to the disapproval of the missus !

frabz-How-do-you-apply-your-flux-Properly-Not-Properly-Think-They-Do-I-642dc8.png

*Runs away*

I used to do fitting only. But this pushes flux into the pipe/fitting & contaminates the central heating system/hot/cold pipe work, mixer valves, so forth, if your on a big project & pipe work is going to remain dry for considerable time it will start to degrade the pipe work internally, ie verdigris, & can be quite a pain when you keep greeting green particles floating in your basin bath water, I know your supposed to flush everything through but that don't always happen. So it only goes on the pipe now

Wow this thread's still running ....& I keep coming back to read the latest lol

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you apply your flux? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back