Discuss hitachi sds drill warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

purchased ann hitachi sds plud drill from screw fix while the 3 month Makita is in for gear box repair after 3 months of using only on 7mm drill bit and 23mm wood bits.just registered the 3 year warranty on the hitachi and was shocked to see in the warrinty conditions tool must be serviced each year which I agree with but on the clauses it says warranty does not cover general wear and tear - only manufacturing faults so what use is the warranty ? I hope boiler warranties are better as never read the snall print

if it gone in 3 months Id want a new one off screwfix, forget their repair system, they tried to palm that on me recently and I refused so got given a new angle grinder, after I melted the original (was taking a tank apart :) )

if it gone in 3 months Id want a new one off screwfix, forget their repair system, they tried to palm that on me recently and I refused so got given a new angle grinder, after I melted the original (was taking a tank apart :) )

no mate got Makita from build base took it back and they sent it to Makita for repair or replacement . bought new hitachi from screwfix while Makita is in for repair and just registered the hitachi for 3 years and read the small print -

same applies to build base, "not fit for purpouse" is the phrase required :) dont let Ray see this :)

purchased ann hitachi sds plud drill from screw fix while the 3 month Makita is in for gear box repair after 3 months of using only on 7mm drill bit and 23mm wood bits.just registered the 3 year warranty on the hitachi and was shocked to see in the warrinty conditions tool must be serviced each year which I agree with but on the clauses it says warranty does not cover general wear and tear - only manufacturing faults so what use is the warranty ? I hope boiler warranties are better as never read the snall print

been using the makita 18v sds for 18 months , been fitting 3 combis a week use it for stitching flue out ,22 dia bit for condensate and blow off,then banging rads on with it,expected it to die within 6 months with the abuse,but still going strong

wear and tear is never cover'd on any tool warranty really. its use is out of the control of the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hitachi sds drill warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock