Currently reading:
Help! new extension

Discuss Help! new extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Redlion_uk

Hi everybody, please help...

I currently have builders working on my kitchen extension who are going to bring the soil pipe through the sloped kitchen roof and outside into the sewers at the front of the extension. The other option was to leave the soil pipe where it was, and box it in - we decided against this as space in the kitchen was already limited.

The current stink pipe is against the main building and will be diverted through the roof of the extension to the outside and down into the sewer access point. So there will be no soil pipe going into the ground within the kitchen. Does this seem like the right thing to do?

Thanks in advance.

The kitchen wastes can go out through the wall and into a drain. Fairly standard practice.

(If that answers your question!)

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture - my attempt to show what is going on. The first picture shows the waste pipe at the rear of the house with the 1st floor toilet soil pipe connected. The second picture shows the rear extension with the main waste pipe diverted so that it is not within the new kitchen.

Is this something which is done often?

Not nowdays! I can't be bothered to look up the regulations but I expect there's a rule somewhere that says you shouldn't do things that way.

Mind you, (covering my bottom) I could well be wrong!!

Anyone else with an opinion? ... please?

Ok the builder tried it, as he said he has done it on several houses in the borough and building control passed them. I was unlucky though, as the inspector said it is not allowed as too many turns + problems if the pipe leaks in the roof.

Ended up making a new one straight down the original rear wall. So will have to be boxed in within the kitchen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! new extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock