Discuss Hello from Hampshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewisdale

Hi. Joined the site a while Go but never got around to introducing myself
I'm Lewis. Level 2 plumber from near Portsmouth.
Been qualified for about 7 years but mainly been working for plumbing and drainage companies doing reactive works, so am a bit inexperienced when it comes to install etc.
Have recently got a job with a local building company as there plumber. Doing boiler changes, installs etc. Then it all gets signed off afterwards.
Will probably be looking to pick some of your brains in the future if I get stuck with anything
Also up for any local weekend work too if any pops up...

hello and welcome lewis

just a question is there a gas safe engy with you when you do gas works?

Do you know that what your company is doing is encouraging illegal working and putting you and the gsr at serious risk of prosecution leading to a hefty fine and/or imprisonment?

as above unless your with a competent gas safe engy (with gas safe reg) you cant do any gas work, needs to be with you checking/ watching / helping if you have any questions

as above unless your with a competent gas safe engy (with gas safe reg) you cant do any gas work, needs to be with you checking/ watching / helping if you have any questions

Fair enough, however there are hundreds.,possibly thousands of others out there doing the same thing. I have a family to support and works work.
Not justifying it but it is what it is.

best to keep it to yourself in future and get your boss to pay to get you qualified up cosham or down portslade

as above also if you get asked your boss said it was fine/ he told you to do it

Oh dear. Work might be work, but what's it like from the other side of the bars.

You might have been told it's ok, but it's your neck.

Get him to put you through the proper quals.

Also you're pinching work from those qualified to do it who are also looking to support their families. Just because your boss is to tight to pay for more gas Safe engineers. Dangerous game sorry don't agree with this at all

Also you're pinching work from those qualified to do it who are also looking to support their families. Just because your boss is to tight to pay for more gas Safe engineers. Dangerous game sorry don't agree with this at all

I'm not pinching work from anyone.
I also have a family to support.
I came to introduce myself not get bitched at.
Go pig at the other thousands of people doing the same

Don't be a tool.

What did you honestly expect?

'I'm doing illegal gas work, give me a pat on the back'

If it means such a big thing then get it sorted so you are doing it legally. FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello from Hampshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock