Discuss Halstead ace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

Lighting for a second . Then cutting out.

Fan runs, aps clicks, ignition, flame - doesn't even light the full burner and then goes off split second - longest I've got it lit is ten seconds but not even doing that.

Any ideas only had a quick look last night.

Go on site armed with a multi meter and call Halstead Tech, they're pretty good!.

Croppie is still under the weather so has not picked this up yet................

Aren't halstead now run by dimplex

You could well be correct.
I have only worked on one Halstead in the last ten years and was unimpressed that I had to use pop rivets to replace the fan.

If its glen dimplex, I rang them a few weeks back, 80 pence a minute and no idea, they only have a copy of the Mis and that's all the info available,
best bet with this boiler, rip it out.

Isnt it time the advice to bin the boiler was avoided on this forum, we are supposed to be able to repair them after all, I know some are tat but they bring in the money. First query I have is was there any fault codes showing if so go to the mis if not get the old meter out and start doing basic fault finding from first principles, however chances are if it isnt something simple such as air in the system, failing thermistors, failing pump that its the pcb, but lets have a look and forget the axe and bin it advice, it doesnt help the customer.

halstead eh? best just kill it now, not much help but as previous posts, bad bad boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock