Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Think thats just cosmetic, i think the installer was trying to get it past the gutter a little bit so drops of condensation didnt form on it

I laugh ha ha it's part of the mi. The case is also cosmetic? Flues not rated for external is they ?
Bit like white bits on vertical flue not supposed to show as not weather tight

Still looks gaff like he couldn't manage a tape measure. What's the plume elbow for it's allowed to be within 25mm of soffits

Last edited by a moderator:
This worcester junior was installed a yr ago, I noticed this on a service, I started explaining to the customer what was wrong with it and he asked me to leave and said he would keep the window closed and contact the installer straight away.

image.jpg

It was a service for homeserve so will still get paid even though I couldn't complete the service as he asked me to leave. Paperwork was left, and transco informed.

Another one found this on a 3 yr old duotech

image.jpg

I put the cover back on that this was the reading in the air intake!

image.jpg

So stripped down the flue and found this as the vertical flue just didn't look right

image.jpg Turret cracked

image.jpg Hmmm metal inner on a duotech!

joined to this 90 with a clamp like used on the older se baxis!

image.jpg You can see the remains of the clamp on the inner section of the 90

i asked who the installer was and he said a local guy who was now dead! I said what of Co poisoning?!
Id'd capped meter and paper work and left. He declined the quote of £270 to correct it saying it was too expensive and the turret was ok and the 90 would be alright to re use also! I'm guessing he put the boiler in himself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock