Currently reading:
GRRRR not a happy chappy with my local suppliers today!

Discuss GRRRR not a happy chappy with my local suppliers today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im rather peeved with my suppliers today,
got a boiler part from them as no where else had one in stock, had a vaillant ecotec plus 637 with a burnt out pump, i collected the pump this morning, the box was already open but i thought nothing of it at the time. I fitted the new pump But boiler still didnt work and the pump was buzzing its nuts off, so tested a few things and diagnosed the circuit board was faulty since the brand new pump wasnt pumping and there were a few scorch marks on the board, got a PCB from a different supplier and fitted it, that didnt fix the boiler, After scratching my head i looked at the box the pump came in and there was a sticky label in the bottom of the box under all the paper wrapping saying "faulty". the buggers sold me a returned and faulty item which made me miss diagnose and spend £150 on a non returnable PCB, ended up driving 15 miles to yet another supplier to get another new pump. came back and fitted it and all was working. so tomorrow im gonna go back and get my money back for the faulty pump they shouldnt have sold me and see if they will give me £150 or store credit for the non returnable item i bought from the other supplier which i bought after mis diagnosing due to them supplying me with a faulty pump........ what dya reckon my chances are :/

Im even more annoyed as i told the customer itd take an hour max and gave a price...... 5 hours later i got the thing going. took me 30 mins to fit the pump and 4.5 hours of running around and head scratching. GRRRRRRR
:mad2:

thats what im thinking theyll say but sadly they closed at 12pm and it was 2pm when i had to get the pcb. not to sure what to do as the cstard knows the pcb didnt fix it. my labour doesnt even cover half the cost of the pcb either, and those boards hardle ever blow :(

I've learnt my lesson many along time ago

Never buy an open box. And if its the last one. Inspect it first and make them very aware that your not happy

Unfortunately it's down to you. A check with a multimeter would have shown that the pump was faulty. It's not unknown for a brand new component to be faulty so you shouldn't assume that you have misdiagnosed the fault. Admittedly it's a bit lax of the supplier to give you a known faulty component but they were probably in a rush and didn't notice.

Just cos it's out the box don't mean it will work. Never a truer word spoken. To be honest, other than them crediting you for the knackered pump I don't think you'll get much joy. It's a tricky one wether to go in all guns blazing full of hell or treading softly softly. I'd be inclined to go in all guns blazing to show them how dischuffed you are.
My local supplier didn't order my new Milwaukee gear when I wanted it so I missed out on three bottles of wine. I ended up with som cutters for my Fein multi. Much better than wine i wouldn't drink.

i would not bother asking about the pcb, but i would insist they cover your extra hours labour lost. Is not like they sold you a new pump and it was discovered faulty, they sold you a known faulty part. They sold you an item not fit for purpose and not brand new.

Cheers guys, they took the pump back no questions asked and apologised profusely, as i spend a lot of money in there each year they reckon the manager will have no issue either covering my costs or offering me store credit, but i have to wait till next week when the manager is back to get my answer, if not ill keep the pcb as stock and learn the hard and expensive way. if you dont ask you wont get..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GRRRR not a happy chappy with my local suppliers today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back