Discuss Green/blue bits in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LCV

Hi,

As part of a house renovation I had a new system boiler and indirect unvented hot water cylinder installed. In the two bathrooms I've noticed blue/green powdery residual on the shower tray and in the bath. I ran the water in the shower and there are blue/green bits in the water. When they dry they turn to powder but are hard when wet.

The problem is I've had a new Hansgrohe shower head installed so super expensive and these bits have completely blocked up the shower head and I've not even moved back into the house and had a shower yet.

Does anyone know what has happened? The plumber did a power flush. If there are any other information you need please let me know.

Thank you!

bits of pipework corrosion falling off probably, it will clear up over a bit of time, nothing that a power flush would remove as hw and central heating circuits arent connected.

Pretty common when you go from tank fed to high pressure system... Will clear up pretty quickly

Thanks for your replies. I had a combi boiler before. Is it still normal?

Also, what is your view about the shower head. Who is responsible to replace it? It is about £500.

Shower head has an inlet filter. Just remove and wash it out.
That's what they are there for.
The power flush is for the heating, not hot/ cold water. The residue sill clear through after a few days. You may need to clean out flow restrictors on the taps too. ( the bit on the end of the tap!)

Also do I need to be concerned about pipework corrosion? I've had to pay extra for new larger pipes to be put in.

Thanks Chalked. I feel much better now. I'll give Hansgrohe a call tomorrow as it is not obvious how to remove the filter.

I will also check my hand showers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green/blue bits in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back