Discuss glow worm ultimate c(betacom a) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

fitted glowworm ultimate 30c today and filled and tried to fire but no joy - just pump would run then fire for 3 sec then go out and pump just run . check s codes to find boiler is in frost mode s34 - so turn climapro 2 rf upto 30 - expecting boiler to fire but no joy . called glowworm who say warm the thermistors . clip thermistors to my fingers and hey presto boiler fires and works . my question is what happens if the boiler ever gets this below a certain temp will this re occur . I thought frost protection normaly runs pump at certain temp and if it gets colder fire the boiler - but I thought turning room stat right up should override and fire boiler but obviously not on this boiler anyone had similar

Last edited by a moderator:
blimey thats a lot of good, youhave to warm the thermister to fire but it has to fire to warm thermister...havent had that but certain cxi's wont fire if they get really cold they just pulse the fan and you have to warm the pcb with a hairdryer.

blimey thats a lot of good, youhave to warm the thermister to fire but it has to fire to warm thermister...havent had that but certain cxi's wont fire if they get really cold they just pulse the fan and you have to warm the pcb with a hairdryer.

they said its because its the first fill of the boiler and the initial fill water is very cold - never had it on any other boiler

they said its because its the first fill of the boiler and the initial fill water is very cold - never had it on any other boiler

Mmmm like you say if thats the case and its in an outhouse etc and gets very cold it wil only kick pump and 3 sec fire, it would be ages before it starts the heating. Good to know though i'll remember the gw finger trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glow worm ultimate c(betacom a) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock