Discuss Gas run to a cooker..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leebaz

I've been asked to connect to an existing gas supply to add a cooker. The cooker is alread installed it just isn't connected to the meter. What's bugging me is I know all the usual checks but do I have to commission the cooker too. I would prefer to but is there actually a reg that states this.
Cheers
lee

I don't know. All I've been asked to do is connect an existing cooker run onto the gas run as it has been capped off

I've not taken the job yet. But first thoughts were easy money. Then thinking about it, I recon some builder has just put the bayonet into the wall then said it just needs gas. So I'm thinking if I do take its got to be on the grounds I commission it too at the very least

Cover your arris mate. Tell the customer you're doing it safely or not at all. If you suspect a builder I'd also be checking pipe sizing

You may find the wording to be more scary than the job. I had a similar one which meant the back plate had the bayonet wound out and plugged. That was a old cooker and i had to do the usual tests as if new to satisfy my cert given.

Ps it was the cooker that lived in the same place before new worktop etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been told it's all connected inside but it's capped off outside so it just needs a run along the wall to the meter, as it was previously capped off

Don't change your process mate TT to begin, check pressure at meter, check your pipe sizing, pipe it up, TT, commision. Etc etc relight and visual on other appliances if applicable. Job sorted

you would need the manufacturers instructions really, you would ideally need to check its installed to them and commission it to the instructions along with your normal 26,9 checks.

If its def an exisitng appliance and the MI are not available then follow the BS requirements, check the controls, safety devices, stability device, door seals, etc....

Frankly, I don't understand why an RGI would be asking the question. How could you even imagine you can reinstate an appliance without checking/recommissioning it?

However, not knowing your level of experience, and at risk of sounding patronising: Make sure the client knows that if you have to leave the cooker disconnected, they still have to pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas run to a cooker..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back