Discuss Gas Portfolio Help - Rochdale-bury-manchester-oldham etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

Hello everyone, I am currently coming to the end of my Level 3 6129 and in desperate search of a Gas engineer in my area that is willing to offer me some help in building my portfolio for my ACS. The past 3 years i have been plumbing for myself for family friends and other people but its al been basic stuff such as bathrooms,changing taps,fixing leaks etc...just general plumbing.. I made myself a website and never expected it to hit off as quick as it did but for some reason iv had a few calls from it.

I know that this is the same situation for everyone else in my possition and i know you have read it 1000 times before so what makes me any special than everyone else,

Well heres the situation, obviosley everybodys offering to work for nothing in order to gain the evidence but what im offering is different.

All i want is the odd saturday and sunday or even a full week after new year (i work full time and could book a week off ) and im willing to come and labour for you free of charge and in return you help me by giving me gas work and evidence for my portfolio, for each day i work with you and gain signed photo evidence i wil pay you at the end of each day £50...

so what you get is free labour for a day and you get paid £50 a day for your troubles. looking to start in new year so any help would be appreciated.

I found that if you are willing to do 2/3 days labouring or working for somebody in return for 1 day a week gas experience you are more likely to get some work.

to be honest you sound desperate and £50 is nothing to most gas plumbers especially if you dont know your bum from your elbow (I dont know what you know but most plumbers will assume that you know nothing)

If you can do jobs on your own then offer this and you are more likely to get the work.

Yeah i suppose that would be an option and yes obviously i am desperate along with 100's of more trainiees in my possition. I dont see a problem in being desperate if it gets me that final goal. As i stated i work ful time so could only manage evenings and weekends. Thanks for your responce anyway.

I wouldnt want to have to work evenings and weekends to take on an apprentice to be honest. I wouldnt mention that and when someone takes you on just leave your current job! you are seriously narrowing down your chances by saying only evenings and weekends

i never looked at it like that but you can see the catch 22 im in, Hopefully somebody with a few foriegners on week ends may pop up.. some people dont like working weekends but a lot of people do... Me being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Portfolio Help - Rochdale-bury-manchester-oldham etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock