Discuss gas explosion in notts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this isnt down to another inexperienced engineer, sad for the poor families.

sad to see, and there will be a few tight sphincters around that area tonight as some people start wondering if they were the last gsr in there.

Quite a few of these incidents of late have turned out to be criminal acts of vengeance rather than incompetence.

My bum twitched when this came on the news a few, well nearly five, years ago. I'd worked in every single one of those flats a few years earlier doing upgrades (OV CH to sealed) and no gas work was involved, didn't stop me sweating for a second though.

think steve diamond gas has had the biggest asre twitcher of all,he had done a service in a house that exploded turns out tenant had tried to commit suicide

think steve diamond gas has had the biggest asre twitcher of all,he had done a service in a house that exploded turns out tenant had tried to commit suicide

Probably thought his life was over when he seen Steve's bill.

Address is 28 Wright St... if that rings a bell. Apparently there are people trapped and people could hear kids screaming. Not nice, not nice at all.

sad to see, and there will be a few tight sphincters around that area tonight as some people start wondering if they were the last gsr in there.
lol

just out side my covered turf (25 miles) but i had to check as the last time i was there it was from one of the members on here!.
i think this house is a basement gas meter?.

latest report it is believed there are still 2 men trapped under the rubble although they can see evidence of one of them, so not looking good..

"Me and another guy ran over there and number 28 was just a pile of rubble.

"I've never seen anything like it in my life. It was carnage, devastation.

"There was a guy there and I asked him whose house it was and he said 'mine' and there were people still inside.

"He'd been pulled out from under a beam. He was covered in dust and had blood coming from his eyes.

"We climbed the rubble but there was a risk of the rubble collapsing into the cellar and then the whole thing caught fire.

"We had to withdraw, then the first of the emergency services arrived.

"They were saying there was one in the loft and one in the cellar. If there was anyone in the loft - well they're gone.
People hurt in gas blast | Newark Advertiser

well its a major incident as its on sky news.

not all make the nationals

The councillor said: ‘Les told me he was going around to help install some new central heating radiators. There is talk of a boiler exploding but there wasn’t one at the house.

‘Les told me they were going to get the radiators sorted and then call a plumber in to fit a boiler.’

Councillor Isard added: ‘I don’t know what has happened. Les was competent at DIY - he’d fitted radiators before - but he wouldn’t have had a blow lamp or been messing about with the gas supply. ‘
Newark gas explosion: Retired company director and daughter-in-law killed as it's revealed baby was pulled from rubble | Mail Online

Competent DIY'er eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas explosion in notts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock