Discuss Fordham siphon replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is it possible to get these spares or is it time for a new cistern?

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 34
Anything more than a ballcock washer and i'd be swapping it. You can get a new plastic cistern for about 30 quid

Looks like a Fordham flush panel to me......I would try and change cistern like for like if you can find one may be discontinued now though.....regards Turnpin;)

Thanks for the replies. What I expected really, will go for the replacement option.

Just cut a new diaphragm for it like I did. I had one a good while back and there is a replacement syphon depending on the height of the old one. Gimme a min and I'll find it my thread.
A sheet of DPM that will last you through your whole plumbing career is less than £10 at Toolstation.

I do same, - I carry a box of mixed syphon washers in the hope that some of them are exact replacement, but I also take heavy plastic sheet with me and a piece of plywood to cut new washer on top of it. Usually good as new after that is done, but those old thin plastic cisterns are at risk of you cracking them. Surprisingly hardy things considering they are around for often decades and even installed in commercial places.

I carry a few different types of diaphragm with me but unfortunately it's the siphon mechanism itself that has gone. The customer has bodega it together so it works intermittently but it is beyond repair. Thanks for all the info.

Don't even bother with a repair! I've found that the sort of people who are hanging onto "banana" coloured suites are the ones who will phone you back in a year:

Cust: I thought you were supposed to fix that toilet, you charged me to repair it (at a reasonable cost) and now it's doing THE SAME THING AS BEFORE YOU FIXED IT!

Plum: I did advise it was a repair, I gave you the option of a new cistern which you found too expensive; I tried to do you a favour by getting it going

Cust: That cistern was fine for 30 years until you touched it, I'm not paying for a new one...........

etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fordham siphon replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock