Discuss Flue through a car port? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Just been to look at a job of replacing an old Baxi Solo 50/4 and the flue terminates at low level under the car port, which has a polycarbonate panel roof.

I have isolated the boiler and informed the owner (It's his second home) that it is dangerous and at risk.

My query is this:
The car port has been turned into an extension of sorts by the addition of decorative screen brick walls, the type that have a pattern in and let through loads of air, and a wooden front 'wall'.

How do I get the flue though the ceiling of the car port?
Can I just cut a hole in the plastic and fit a roof slate?

If I can then I'm presuming that there is some sort of heatproof protective sleeve that I can fit into the twin wall polycarbonate sheeting that the roof is made from so if any of you know how I can get hold of one please let me know.

Cheers folks :)

If it is a HE boiler the roof wont need heat protection, i have used the old flat roof top hat on a carport before no problems.

You just have to get the terminal away from the wall by the right amount and obviously support it if needs be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue through a car port? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock