Discuss Flexis on central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I was first fixing a bathroom today and the fellas mother asked me if I was going to be using flexi connections to the radiator, I was quite confused at first but then she explained that her other son had just had his hole house done and they used white flexi's on every rad?

As far as I'm aware you can't get flexi's for CH can you

She might be confused and mean white plastic pipe?? Mmmmmm bet it looks lovely!?

She might be confused and mean white plastic pipe?? Mmmmmm bet it looks lovely!?

I thought that at first but then I asked if it was braided and showed her a white flexi she said it was identical to what they'd fitted, she then said it was a big compain that done the job

mmmmm quality. Pics for the hall of shame?

I told her that it didn't sound right and that I would never install flexi's on a CH system
And she said she'll have a word with her son, so I might get the job to go round and check out there work/rectify anything they want changing,
More than anything I'm just curious as to why anyone would accept felxis all round there house

I've seen it done once before
[video=youtube;hkmJXRejY18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmJXRejY18[/video]

Most flexi's are only rated to 65degrees. Some better ones are higher.

What was this big company they had? Maybe it was a company with a similar name like Gritish Bas

Last edited:
Have seen them on kitchen kick board heaters

the flexis used on kick space heaters are rated for use on heating systems. as such you will get rushed around 40quid a pair.

standard flexis i have seen on towel rads a few times (once at the outlaws house) it seems to be the preserve of idiots/cowboys and handymen passing themselves off as plumbers!

Most flexi's are only rated to 65degrees. Some better ones are higher.

What was this big company they had? Maybe it was a company with a similar name like Gritish Bas

She wouldn't elaborate on who done the work, I think she was abit shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexis on central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock