Discuss flexis - discuss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
flexi.jpg

i thought i add fuel to the flexi fire!!!!!

called to one of my regular custards as there as here bathroom flooded = on investigation someone (NOT ME) had fitted this flexi with integrated iso valve ( wrong way round mind) and one day it decided to split - big time!!!!!

not against flexis generally but this is scary

BTW would fitting it with the iso valve wrong way round contributed to the split? cant see that it would

thing was because the valve was wrong way round the customer could not isolate the leak - had to turn off a stopcock

I had 1 last year exactly the same on a kitchen sink but no iso fitted,luckily the stopcock wasnt seized

The flexi in the picture can probably be repaired with LSX, cut down yogurt pot and hose clips don't throw it out! :icon10:

I think system3's point has been well hammered home here though.

I don't see how the flexi can be to blame. Something that sits there in situ and is not tampered with can surely not end up in that state of the one in the picture. And let's face it flexi's are a definite way of getting us out of trouble from time to time.

I like to comment every now and again A) the missus thinks i'm working and B) The missus thinks i'm working...... :eek:mg_smile: :bow:

SYSTEM DO NOT LOOK!! Seriously bad for your health!!!

Ive heard alot about flexi's splitting, dont really use them nowadays but most tap manufacturers use them to connect to your H&Cs

Seen it happen several times - cheap poxi way of plumbing - sorry system

I just had to pop by this thread for a wee look. It was calling me.

I've seen many like the ones in the photo that have split, by the way most of them on hot water supplies where the heat has made the rubber brittle.

Don't want to rub it in, but what the hell..............

I TOLD YA SO!!!!!

*Join the N.F.I.B (No Flexies In Britain) All cheques and credit cards gratefully accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber couldn't reconnect cold feed into a toilet cistern without it leaking as the pipe came out of wall, and had no room to manouvre it as it was rigid copper. He had spent about an hour on this, with his mate.

He eventually cut it a bit shorter and fitted a flexi.

I thought this was OK but not after seeing the pic above. At least it was on cold water, but at mains pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber couldn't reconnect cold feed into a toilet cistern without it leaking as the pipe came out of wall, and had no room to manouvre it as it was rigid copper. He had spent about an hour on this, with his mate.

He eventually cut it a bit shorter and fitted a flexi.

I thought this was OK but not after seeing the pic above. At least it was on cold water, but at mains pressure.

I bet he could have used copper if he had have turned the pipe downwards & then looped back upwards? May not look brilliant, but better job. Rarely any jobs that a flexi is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flexis - discuss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock